New sponge filter.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

as074n

Reaction score
So I have a 6g betta tank with a cheap sponge filter that has been going for about 3 months I really want a better and larger filter but how do I replace it with out crashing the tank.

Are you having problems that you think changing the filter will fix? Those cheap sponge filters are actually the preferred choice for betta tanks. They are effective and do not create a high flow (which betta don't like)

Are you having problems that you think changing the filter will fix? Those cheap sponge filters are actually the preferred choice for betta tanks. They are effective and do not create a high flow (which betta don't like)
No not really a prob I just would rather a bigger courser sponge. The one i have is super cheap and just want a better built one .

No not really a prob I just would rather a bigger courser sponge. The one i have is super cheap and just want a better built one .

Most sponge filters have replaceable sponges, and depending upon the brtand you might find a better sponge. I agree with seangee that you do not need a larger filter. And live plants especially floating can make this even more redundant. Regular (once a week) partial water changes of 50-70% of the tank water will help even more.

put the new filter in with the old filter and keep them both running for at least 2 months. then remove the one you don't want.

Most reactions

Back