New Scaping Layout

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks....it looks better from an angle.... as too straight on.... you get more depth. its like a few 5 or 6 little trees on the left and just a little cliff and hill on the right. the driftwood I bought at PetSmart was making my tank look like tea...

the white spot is still there and still treating... but it never got bad like last time. I'll keep treating till spots are completely gone then for a few days past that.  I only see maybe 2 or 3 spots right now. if that.. 99% of the fish are clean, no spots. no distress....

I just took a look and I really don't see any spots now... so I will treat for at least 4 more days... depending on what I see on the fish

Under those hills is plant substrate, that helped build up the height.
I need to attach the moss better with thread or something,,,, so I may work on it a little more tomorrow...
I'm also thinking about doing something with the background....too distracting this way......
Thanks,

The TEA water should clear eventually. Its just tannins leaching from the wood. What about a plain black background?

Glad to hear the white spot is under control.

Your web cam has moved?

My wife has had a good laugh at my expense. I've been watching and waiting for you to turn the camera.

If you could hide your heater a black backround would look great. Only thing is your black fish will disappear and your rainbow shark would just be a floating tail. I've never liked blue backrounds, nearly every pet store over here has blue backrounds in their fish displays.

Miles better without the backgroung, love the bubbles.

background gone

what do all those beautiful layouts you see use...nothing? just lighting?  off white background?

Much better even with nothing...that old background was bad....

I just might have some black paint out back..hmmmm. I have one of those mini rollers

A lot of them seem to have no background at all, just a plain white wall behind. Just had another google at some pics and noticed a lot of them don't have filters or heaters, at least not where they can be seen.

I love your set up as it is now. I wish I had half your creativity.

lock77 said:
A lot of them seem to have no background at all, just a plain white wall behind. Just had another google at some pics and noticed a lot of them don't have filters or heaters, at least not where they can be seen.

I love your set up as it is now. I wish I had half your creativity.
Thanks,,, it takes a lot of thought and trial and error...

They must remove all the hardware for the finish shots cause I dont see anything anywhere

This guy (love the tree) you can see he has it then takes it out.

1_sbs_small.jpg

I found a wrinckled up piece of white cardboard and it dont look half bad...Its just a small liece you can see it on the stream...maybe i'll find a whole sheet and see what it looks like

Lights a bit low.

Might be a bit too much when you have your blue light on.

just hit my hidden led to brighten it up some

The green on white is nice. The blue light might be a problem.

lock77 said:
The green on white is nice. The blue light might be a problem.
yeah...that light(I thought ) only turned on the blue in the night mode but they are on all the time

wow my back glass could use a cleaning

darker better

I'm hopin that moss does its thing on the trees or I'll be looking for a different plant, those sword plants kinda take away from the tree on the right

Would you sell it then post to northern ireland.:-D thinking about stripping down my cichlid tank and trying to replicate what you've done, if you don't mind.

lock77 said:
Would you sell it then post to northern ireland.:-D thinking about stripping down my cichlid tank and trying to replicate what you've done, if you don't mind.
do it!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back