New Saltwater Tank. Live rock?

14ssmith

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just bought myself a 60gal salt water tank and am looking into getting live rock and was looking for recommendations on where to get some online or if any of you guys sell some as well. I am going to be doing a clown fish pair banggi cardinal fish and foxface fish. What else would you guys recommend to add as well? Or do more clowns?

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month!
Pet of the Month!
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
I suggest looking for live rock at your LFS. It would be much cheaper than buying online.

It’s normally recommended to only get 1 pair of clowns per tank.

You could do a goby or a coral beauty. Do coral beauty’s are one of my personal favorites. :)

Do you have plans for CUC yet?

OP
14ssmith

14ssmith

Reaction score
I suggest looking for live rock at your LFS. It would be much cheaper than buying online.

It’s normally recommended to only get 1 pair of clowns per tank.

You could do a goby or a coral beauty. Do coral beauty’s are one of my personal favorites. :)

Do you have plans for CUC yet?
I think I'm wanting to use emerald crabs for my cuc. Any recomendations?

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month!
Pet of the Month!
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
If you plan to get live corals, I don’t recommend getting emerald crabs. They eat coral and other small fish.

Snails, hermit crabs, nudibranchs, and shrimp are all great for CUC.

Jan Cavalieri

Fish Addict
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by a "CUC" other than it appears to refer to some kind of invertebrates. What are they? Is that a requirement and what is most popular? (I'm not fond of anything that looks like a bug or snail) I'm getting ready to set up my first saltwater tank Fish and Reef. So after doing a lot of listening on youtube and book reading I'm looking for general knowledge and experience so I don't sound too stupid or overlook something obvious I should know.

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month!
Pet of the Month!
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by a "CUC" other than it appears to refer to some kind of invertebrates. What are they? Is that a requirement and what is most popular? (I'm not fond of anything that looks like a bug or snail) I'm getting ready to set up my first saltwater tank Fish and Reef. So after doing a lot of listening on youtube and book reading I'm looking for general knowledge and experience so I don't sound too stupid or overlook something obvious I should know.
CUC = clean up crew (snails, hermit crabs, shrimp, etc.)

You can create a new thread asking your questions, so Colin and I can help. :)

Most reactions