New Q Tank

rfisher

Fishaholic
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Shoebury,Essex
Hi All,

I have an old tank that I am going to set up as a quarantine tank. The tank has been used before and I am a little unsure of the best method for cleaning it properly. Could anyone help?

Thanks,

Rich
 
hiya from what i remember hot water & vinigar does the trick or a mild bleach solution.
but whatever you use remember to rinse it really really well then rinse some more :D :D :D
 
maybe just wash it with a clean rag, with hot water. This should be ok, otherwise, try trace1's ideas!
 
Milton baby sterilizing fluid works for me leaves no residue, i've used it on tanks ornaments no problems.
 
Hi rfisher :)

I clean used tanks with lukewarm water and a little salt on a sponge.

If there are any hard water deposits on the glass you can remove them by rubbing them with a plastic scrubber pad dipped in white vinegar. Be sure to rinse it well to avoid changing the pH of your water when you fill it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top