New Pleco

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MamaPish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I added a Rubber Lipped?? pleco to my 55 gal last night....about 2 1/2 inches long....I haven't seen him since.
There are a lot of places for him to hide in there...should I go looking for him to make sure he is still alive...or just leave him alone? :/ :unsure:

Leave him, he'll come out when he's good and ready. I had the same problem with my bristlenose - didn't see him for a week after i put him in the tank. But he was fine - if there are lots of hiding places, not to worry about him. He'll find himself a home and slowly start to explore his surroundings. :nod:

as Gad says leave him/her be, your plec will let you know when its about. Just trying to settle in can take a while, wild stock are the longest for setling down in my experience and i have a few wild plecs. Just stick a cube or slice of cucumber or soem algae wafer in and see if gets eaten!

if its the L177 then about 12 inches hope you have a big tank otherwise take him back to where he/she came from :thumbs:

cryosi...
Thanks, I found the Golden Nugget to be L-177 and it does get that big.....

I did find that the max. size of a Rubber Lip Pleco is only about 5",
I have a 55gal....but I did not want a pleco 12" long to tear up my tank!!
You had me :hyper: freaked out there for a moment!
:D

head in clouds cant read a book lol ummm there are a few references to rubber lipped for a few plecs, which one have you found, what L number! cheers!

nothing wrong with a 12 inch plec, I have one who is king of the tank! :lol: :lol: :lol:

and what is a placo! never heard of that one! :fun:

I couldn't find an "L" number for it....the website just had a pic and description of it..... :snap:

When I did a search for L-177 plecostomus....I just came up with Golden Nuggets.....

I had a huge pleco in the past that was king of my 75gal......he was so cool, but I couldn't keep anything planted in that tank, he would even move my rocks and caves around!

:*) You will have to forgive me :*) .........my southern accent tends to come out in my typin' sometimes!!

Placo.......Pleco......oh well!

:lol:

aha i know that plec but by a different name it seems its in loads of books. will dig out some info . now that i am awake and living in the world pesky job's!lol

Chaetostomasp. a type of Bulldog Plec. Lovely fish, need a lot of dissolved oxygen in the water though, which means good airation. They come from fast flowing mountain streams in South America. Diet of the usual greenfoods and a little bloodworm etc as well should keep it happy. :)

Try this site for Catfish ID. It is the best there is :

PlanetCatfish

i was just thinking of catching up to posts while i have just got out of the bed and am wide awake and Gibbo beats me to it! at least someone is wide awake! lol Ih ate nite work! soon be over lol! anyhows thanxs gibbo.

Most reactions

trending

Back