🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Robbo85

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
phone106.jpg
phone105.jpg

Please can you ID these for me, they were bought from ebay with no tags, they are to go in a low tech tanks with juwel t5 lighting. And i need to know

thanks

Oh dear. You've been duped by the looks of it. You have bought commonly available plants in LFS that arent true aquatics. Not all of them, but atleast 3. The 2nd from left one is a none aquatic plant. The dark green grass in the middle, which is Mondo Grass and the top right one are all none aquatic. Unfortunately they will rot if fully submerged under water for prolonger periods of time. I was sold these myself a few years ago and alot of others have had the same experience.

Suppliers will qoute that they are "marsh" plants, which could be true (idk), but even so this means they will not survive under water all the time.

Other people will be able to ID the others for you better than i can.

..the second from the left is Amazon sword..

Left to right: ?, 2/3 Amazon swords, ?, Vallis sporalis, non-aquatic grass, Ludwigia arcuata?, Bacopa?

Top photo is non-aquatic, the other two small ones maybe be another sword and an Anubias, but not sure from the photo.

i was pretty sure the 2nd and 3rd in were non aquatic, but i thought the dark green was fountain grass, i might put the non aquatics in my shallow pond

i was pretty sure the 2nd and 3rd in were non aquatic, but i thought the dark green was fountain grass, i might put the non aquatics in my shallow pond
2nd is 100% Amazon sword, that's just how it looks when grown out of water! Dunk it in and the new leaves will be aquatic.

3rd I'm quite sure is also aquatic..

The grass is sometimes known as fountain grass, which isn't aquatic :)

all plants that im now sure are aquatic are in, some pictures

001.jpg

002.jpg

they only cost me 4.50 for the lot so as long as most of them are ok thats fine, but i will conatct the seller.

would someone be able to id the plants in the later posts please.

thanks

Sorry, didn't see that three plants in the second bunch were different on my other laptop.. revised list:

Left to right: Myriophyllum mattogrossense/parrot feather?, 1 Amazon sword and 2 Yuccas/Dracaena, ?, Vallis spiralis, non-aquatic grass, Ludwigia arcuata?, Bacopa?

thanks guys, has the marsh plant(top pic) and the grass definitely got no chance in my tank?

Afraid not. I had both of those a few years back and they just withered and died within a month.

Oh, and the one between the Dracaena and the Vallis could be Rotala rotundifolia...

i complained to the seller for sending non aquatic plants so they are sending ew ones, will post pics when arrived

finally got some replacements

I GOT MORE FOUNTAIN GRASS!!!!!.

Im very annoyed

I hope you don't mind if I snigger over here.. don't worry, my first two bought aquatic plants were also non-aquatic and that was before I know about forums, so took me a while to figure out why they were falling apart.

Did you pot the other ones? How are they doing?

Most reactions

Back