New plants and tag alongs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MaxOverKill

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just started to get serious in the live plant realm recently, more like a month ago. Purchased the bulbs in a pack at the LFS and seemed to do rather well considering the lighting in the tank was well under what was recommended for the Aponogetons. Well just this morning as I was starring into the tank trying to figure out how I could keep my Java Moss and Java Fern secured better to the bottom (since the rather large pleco in my 50 gal hex is growing out of it quickly and uprooting everything in site) I found that I had a snail roaming about.

Well that sparked a bit of concern since I know that most snails love to feed on plant life as well as spawn faster than rabbits with in a blink of an eye. So I reached in and pulled the snail off of the plant that it was roaming on and flicked it in my hospital/brine hatchery tank to clean up the extra algae that is growing. After doing so I looked a bit closer in the tank that I just removed the snail from and noticed what looked like a white worm slithering near the rock at the bottom of the tank and then slithered it's way between the rock cracks and the glass. I have no clue as to if I should be concerned or not.

Also does anyone know of anything or way that would kill any bacteria, snails, and any other tag alongs that might be attached without harming the plants before introducing them to your tank?

Thanks for any and all help.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back