New pair added to my Bronze Cory group

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

jonny-5

Fish Addict
Reaction score
These were in my LFS being sold as Bronze Corys.
However I am not convinced but as they were on there own in a tank full of Neons i couldn't walk away
One is some sort of longfin but looks a bit Albino to me....

These were in my LFS being sold as Bronze Corys.
However I am not convinced but as they were on there own in a tank full of Neons i couldn't walk away
One is some sort of longfin but looks a bit Albino to me....

Attachments

• DSC_0876.JPG
    DSC_0876.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 76
Yep both are aeneus, just very pale and stressed colouration. Juveniles.
No albino, no longfin.

Not a great pic my phone is garbage, The longfin 1 has a bit of a ragged tail fin at the moment & wouldn't even come out of hiding until today also both fish were almost colourless when I got them home, Guess they were very stressed

They seem much better today joining my other Cory trio digging in the new sand

I'm thinking it's just the small body in bad shape that makes it look longer. But it'll be neat to see how that develops.

Yeah just a tiny skinny body that needs to catch up to the fins

Another thing it is the smallest of them all, It really is in bad shape at present, Doesn't seem to be eating a great deal but it is picking at Daphnia yesterday & Algae wafer today.
I have had Corys in this condition before,

The 2 juveniles I bought a few months ago were about same size as this 1 & very pale but after a week they were back to normal colouring & now they are so quick with eating. Least I know I'm doing something right

Yeah ive had some in this same condition. They bounce back well. Just watch for signs of internal parasites.

I would feed Bug Bites pellets and shrimp pellets/shrimp wafers rather than algae wafers as cories aren't hugely vegetarian. The better protein would be good for these guys too

Yeh I feed different foods every day, It just so happends I had some Live daphnia left over so dumped that in but didn't seem to be enough for them to get a good helping so just dumped a wafer in so they had at least something.
I'm not a big fan of daphnia but I have frozen Bloodworm & Frozen Artemia aswell as live Artemia, So I'm hoping a bloodworm treat may fatten it up quite quickly

Just an update, Sadly the little guy didn't make it. He just seemed to be getting thinner but was eating although not huge amounts. I put him in a nursery & target fed with live & Frozen foods for 2 weeks but he never recovered & found him upside down after being returned to main tank which had 4 other Bronze Corys & 4 Zebra Danios in

Just an update, Sadly the little guy didn't make it. He just seemed to be getting thinner but was eating although not huge amounts. I put him in a nursery & target fed with live & Frozen foods for 2 weeks but he never recovered & found him upside down after being returned to main tank which had 4 other Bronze Corys & 4 Zebra Danios in
maybe he had wasting disease. i dont have cories but maybe praziquantel will work

Most reactions

trending

Back