new newbie

chris_1127

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi, i'm new to the forum, as well as being new to keeping tropical fish, so thought id say hello. I'm Chris, based in Devon in the UK. I got myself a 15gal tank about 6-8 weeks ago now, cycled it with ammonia and stocked it with half a dozen tiger barbs a few weeks ago. I added a couple of green tigers last week, but soon realised that i "needed" a bigger tank. So i got a 30gal at the weekend thats been seeded from the old tank and is now in the process of cycling. Plan is to have a specimen barb tank in the 30gal, with perhaps a lone red tail shark and a plec or 2; and the 15 gal is going to be home to a couple of figure 8 puffers and bumblebee gobies. I;ve done as much reading up as i can about the fish that I am after keeping, but you;ll have to excuse me if i do ask any silly questions as i am new to it all still :D

Hi Chris and welcome ,ask anything you want someone will answer your question :)

Your tanks are multiplying already Beware they will take over your home. :shifty:

Have fun :thumbs:

Hi Chris and :hi: to the forum!

This is a great place for information and advice! I hope you enjoy it here! :D

Never mind beware of the freakin fish! Beware of Cat!

Here is the best bit of advice you'll ever get on here:

Never go into one of Cat's threads in General with your speakers on, if you aren't suicidal that is! :p :lol:

Welcome to the forums, between you and me, I'm the only sane one on here, I mean there's people who like to tie people up and make them eat cheese -_- :unsure: :-( :blink: and no, this isn't what people have made the mistake of thinking, kinky, its downright evil! Lol! Welcome!

PS, I would suggest just one fig8 puff and bbgobies! Also, you do know they're brackish right?

:thumbs:

:hi: to the forums chris. I love that part of the country.

Puffer freak, Do you have to much time on your hands? That sig and avatar change daily :rofl:

Jon

Yeah, I do, I have waaaaaay too much spare time, and anyway, whats it to you? Anyway, these ones are staying for a while, then it'll probably be my Huffin Puffins again! Yay! Anyway, you'd never be without me!

:*

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers for the welcomes :D ; yeah i was aware that theyre brackish - theyre being kept in fw in the lfs, so was going to introduce them to a freshwater tank and gradually raise salinity. I couldnt help myself and got a bumblebee goby yesterday - would have gotten 2 but #2 wouldnt come out of his bogwood cave!! Hes a feisty bugger - not afraid to turn round and chase the barbs when they get too inquisitive!!

Hi Chris and welcome to forum, I am glad you found your way here to this forum. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do. I am sure you will get all the advice that you will ever need here also.

Skywarp said:
:eek:h by the way those Bumblebee gobies are an awsome selection man, they rock!
Sure do! thats one little fish with one big attitude! oh and a really grumpy face!!

Most reactions

Back