The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Slaphppy7

Mod-o-holic
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Got in a bag of new shrimp yesterday, culls from a breeder in California, 30 shrimp for $30, plus he threw in 4 extras in case of DOA's (of course, $15 shipping)...they're a mixed bunch, different colors and strains, but I don't care, just wanted some shrimp in this 5.5G...it used to be a QT, but I think I'll just let the shrimpies hang out in here for now...need to clean the tank up, glass is nasty but they're loving the algae...you can see that some of the females are already "saddled" :thumbs:

[VIDEO]

Yup, they are super fun. You should get some sometime. ;)
Already got one monstrous vampire shrimp... Called Kabal - named after the Mortal Kombat fighter because of his speed. Quite a menacing little fellow. Either looking into dwarf shrimp or amano shrimp for my 54L though. Either way, I'm 100% heading in the direction of shrimp.

Got in a bag of new shrimp yesterday, culls from a breeder in California, 30 shrimp for $30, plus he threw in 4 extras in case of DOA's (of course, $15 shipping)...they're a mixed bunch, different colors and strains, but I don't care, just wanted some shrimp in this 5.5G...it used to be a QT, but I think I'll just let the shrimpies hang out in here for now...need to clean the tank up, glass is nasty but they're loving the algae...you can see that some of the females are already "saddled" :thumbs:

[VIDEO]
Arggggh!
?

They're beautiful! The way they glide around reminds me of cats when they get the zoomies. Are shrimp really just aquatic cats?
I think I read somewhere that is some brreding behavior if the are zooming around the edges of the tank...?

Otherwise, I remember when I first got shrimp, how amazed I was that they could "fly!"

I think I read somewhere that is some brreding behavior if the are zooming around the edges of the tank...?

Otherwise, I remember when I first got shrimp, how amazed I was that they could "fly!"
The first time I saw my shrimp fly was the second scariest experience I've had. The first scariest experience with him was when I put a slice of cucumber in for them... He came zooming past the length of the tank, sat atop this wedge of cucumber, perched on it as though it was his ride. When he got to his usual hiding place, he hopped off of it and scurried off into the back behind the plants.
1616425100202.png

It happened so fast that I couldn't even take a picture. I created this masterpiece (sarcasm) from memory to better explain what I saw on that day. I've not been the same since then.

The first time I saw my shrimp fly was the second scariest experience I've had. The first scariest experience with him was when I put a slice of cucumber in for them... He came zooming past the length of the tank, sat atop this wedge of cucumber, perched on it as though it was his ride. When he got to his usual hiding place, he hopped off of it and scurried off into the back behind the plants.
View attachment 132322
It happened so fast that I couldn't even take a picture. I created this masterpiece (sarcasm) from memory to better explain what I saw on that day. I've not been the same since then.
OMG!
That is hilarious ☆☆☆☆

Yes, you did!

When the females moult, it signals the males that they are ready to mate...when the males get that signal, they go nutso, and "fly" all over the tank...amorous little devils, lol...

Most reactions

Back