New Musk Turtle Setuo

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LiamGoodaire

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just thought is share. my new tank with you all just set it all up today! It's not quite finished and needs a centre piece of some kind to complete the look, I have reserved a turtle ramp and dock when it is next in stock so the rock to the right will eventually go. It is quite spacious compared though..... any ideas for the centre of.the tank would be appreciated.

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

And a cheek pic of the pair!

IMAG0107.jpg

Sorry about the quality of pics from my phone

Cheers goodaire

Nice turtles :)
We got some reeves turtles but they find it quite hard to swim so they've got low levels of water, it's good that your getting some more stuff for them to go on as they will need it.
Center piece...? i dunno maybe a big rock or some bogwood :S lol maybe someone else can help you with that...

I think Driftwood with some nice plants would look awesome in there :) nice turtle. Would love one myself :D

Where's the UV light and basking area?

The uv light is on top of a condensation tray and as for the basking area, the lamp I have I hardly used previously as the air temperature with the almost sealed top is constantly reasonably high and felt it wasn't needed so not using it at the moment, also to be honest I have only seen the turtles out of water properly once which was a matter of seconds before they dived back in

You should have one really. Even if they don't use it. With my musk I find he basks when it's quiet and i'm not about. I'll just walk in the room and he'll sometimes just dart back into the water or stay out if he feels brave.

What's your filtration like?

Ok thanks, ill look into setting it up again, mine are usually content with their heads out but ill find it out

Oh sorry forgot to add the filtration and can't edit post on phone. I have 2 filters running with a turnover of 80lph plus

Ok thanks, ill look into setting it up again, mine are usually content with their heads out but ill find it out

Oh sorry forgot to add the filtration and can't edit post on phone. I have 2 filters running with a turnover of 80lph plus
Nice setup -aninteresting piece of wood makes a goofd centrepiece. My turtles enjoy climbing on it and resting half submerged on it.
Just one thing -if that is gravel at the bottom you should remove it unless the pieces are definitely too big for them to swallow. Gravel is not recommended for turtle tanks as they will swallow it and can choke or have gravel impacted in their stomachs which is fatal.Pebbles are OK for turtle tanks

Yes I were aware of that, funny enough was thinking that myself when I set it up, it was used with turtles at the LFS and they said it'd be fine, I had pebbles previously but there weren't enough for this tank and couldn't similar anywhere! What would you recommend? The pebbles are about 10mm to 20mm? At the moment I don't think they could swallow them but they are nowhere near fully grown

Cheers goodaire

I have I say my musk turtle loves comin out of the water I catch the little guy all the time ! Shah. Hey anyone answer me can a pleo hurt my musk turtle ?

I have I say my musk turtle loves comin out of the water I catch the little guy all the time ! Shah. Hey anyone answer me can a pleo hurt my musk turtle ?

Don't think so mate along as,the plec isn't so large. Don't hold me to that though. What substrate do you use,as,I'm considering changing mine?

In turtle tank at the minute I only have a couple late rocks hardly anything in fish ltank medium gravel which will need changing or covering hah

I don't use any substrate in all of my 4 turtle tanks - much easier to keep them clean that way. Gravel is dangerous as turtles can swallow it. large pebbles are OK if you really want substrate, For free expert advice contact the Turtle Rescue Centre via the forum on www.turtlesquad.co.uk -they have 25 years experience and access to a vet.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back