New light

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishNturt808

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I put a new light to brighten up a side of my tank, and now my BA tetras are spending a good amount of time under it surfing the glass. Now it is also where my main outtake is, so they could also be playing in the current, now that it’s brighter there they feel safer? Or less safe, hence the surfing? What’s your guys’ take on this.

Attachments

• D7E7DA9F-B558-4765-8706-74D7EDFA73B0.jpeg
    D7E7DA9F-B558-4765-8706-74D7EDFA73B0.jpeg
    362.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 4B62C858-4AE6-46CB-ADF0-DAFB6BAB02A3.jpeg
    4B62C858-4AE6-46CB-ADF0-DAFB6BAB02A3.jpeg
    355.5 KB · Views: 30
So I put a new light to brighten up a side of my tank, and now my BA tetras are spending a good amount of time under it surfing the glass. Now it is also where my main outtake is, so they could also be playing in the current, now that it’s brighter there they feel safer? Or less safe, hence the surfing? What’s your guys’ take on this.
Not really sure... do the tetras appear to be playing? Or struggling?

I really like your aquarium it looks really nice. When changing or adding something new to an established aquarium can cause your fish to react in different ways, but I wouldn't worry about it. Just give them breaks from the light at night time when they need to rest.

They don’t seem to be struggling. Just zipping around the glass under the new light. Maybe it’s just the change and they are checking it all out.
Probably just new behavior due to the new light.

Probably just new behavior due to the new light.
I really like your aquarium it looks really nice. When changing or adding something new to an established aquarium can cause your fish to react in different ways, but I wouldn't worry about it. Just give them breaks from the light at night time when they need to rest.
Thanks! It’s been a lot of adjustment to get it looking how I want. Now if only the turtle would stop destroying nearly every live plant I put in there (anubias, a fancy leaf Java fern, and working on the Amazon sword now ?).

it definitely seems like it’s just an adjustment phase for the tetras cause they aren’t doing it so much this morning.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back