New Kuhlis! First Pics Added

You should, they are soooo small and won't last long there.

I'm thinking of rescuing 2 more tomorrow. 8 in total could be good. Don't know if 10 in 110 litre is fair???

Thank you. Does everyone believe that they won't be eaten if I release them at this size?

Edit: I released them, they all shot off to different corners of the tank. Hopefully i'll see them again within the next year or two lol

I don't know. I'm hoping to buy 2 more tomorrow as well. Will need more hiding places/a bigger tank when they grow up though.

If you went in today, were they still there?

PS: My filters output is cut by AT LEAST half since putting tights over the intake. Anyone have any other ideas that will stop baby Khulis but allow decent flow?

I use a sponge off a sponge filter, its pretty fine and I have to rinse it two or three times a week. Thinking of switching it for a sponge from an aquaclear hob.

They're so cute! I saw some in the Seapets near me, but I didn't know much about them so decided I should do some research before I bought some. They are so pretty though, and nice pictures! Trying to glean as much info from this thread as I can!

Edit: Also, will the Khulis really climb above the water line and escape through the cable hole? I'll get that sealed up asap if that's the case

I found one of mine in the filtration tank today. I have no idea how it got there as it's above aquarium. At first I thought it had got through the pump when I turned it off to do a water change but then realised it would have been to big to get out through the outlet holes in the distribution pipe. I can't believe it climbed up the cable to escape but other than that I'm at a loss to explain it. I've got 3 in my tank but they are really shy and don't like to come out in the light.

phoenixgsd: How are your Kuhlis doing?

I have just got back from holiday and can only spot 4 out of 6. Being Khulis this does not really mean anything as they are the kings of hiding. If Pets @ Home have more I am considering building a kuhli tank :)

i bought 6 and 2 died very soon after, 2 are always together and are seen quite a bit under the java moss at the front of the tank, the other two i havnt seen for a day or two but like you say, they do like to hide, i am also going to get some more, let me know if they still have any

Most reactions

Back