New Hooligans in the 29 Gallon

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

D

Deleted member 149562

Following the demise of Fred Betta, I have done a spot of rearranging in what was his old home, the 29 gallon AquaEl aquarium.

The new hooligans are settling in really well, the Cichlid pair are especially friendly and very curious about everything.

So in the 29 gallon are :

A pair of Blue Panda Apisto, 6 Panda Cories and 14 Purple Emporer Tetra...all tiny, very healthy and busy exploring their new home

IMG_20221202_112255_resized_20221202_112356084.jpg IMG_20221202_112329_resized_20221202_112355412.jpg

IMG_20221202_112136_resized_20221202_112157699.jpg IMG_20221202_111945_resized_20221202_112031953.jpg

Nice choices. I picked up emperor tetras a few weeks ago too. They are beauties.

There is a strong chance those Apisto panduro are going eat some shrimp.

Nice choices. I picked up emperor tetras a few weeks ago too. They are beauties.

There is a strong chance those Apisto panduro are going eat some shrimp.
Thank you

No shrimp in the aquarium, so the two Apisto will have to eat what is given them :lol: I also got a couple of Assassin snails to deal with the scurge of live floating plants...pest snails.

The little Panda Cories are having a whale of a time scurrying all over the place, the Panda Apisto's are exploring and sorting out who is boss...and I absolutely agree on the Emperors, stunning little fish. The only fish who has her nose out of joint is the female BN who thought after Fred had gone that she would have the aquarium all to herself...no chance of that...she soon settled once she realised the new arrivals were not going to bite and chase her like Fred did.

Following the demise of Fred Betta, I have done a spot of rearranging in what was his old home, the 29 gallon AquaEl aquarium.

The new hooligans are settling in really well, the Cichlid pair are especially friendly and very curious about everything.

So in the 29 gallon are :

A pair of Blue Panda Apisto, 6 Panda Cories and 14 Purple Emporer Tetra...all tiny, very healthy and busy exploring their new home

View attachment 306493 View attachment 306494

View attachment 306495 View attachment 306497
Love the Apistogramma Panduro's😍 females are stunning.

Love the Apistogramma Panduro's😍 females are stunning.
Thank you

I was lucky since my usual supplier had them available in pairs. Apparently they are not always readily available for some reason. My pair are very calm and inquisitive. Still quite a way to go on the growth side...as with everyone in the 29 gallon...but they seem to have settled in well, they are healthy and active...and eating well too.

Emperor tetras = 👍👍... gotta love the green eyes on the females, blue on the males

Congrats on the newbies

Thank you

I was lucky since my usual supplier had them available in pairs. Apparently they are not always readily available for some reason. My pair are very calm and inquisitive. Still quite a way to go on the growth side...as with everyone in the 29 gallon...but they seem to have settled in well, they are healthy and active...and eating well too.
Sorry to hear about fred😪

Youve had a busy few weeks in the hobby with all your new additions 🙂 i like your fish selections, can see youve put time into your choices.

How are your fish in the bigger tank doing? 🙂

Sorry to hear about fred😪

Youve had a busy few weeks in the hobby with all your new additions 🙂 i like your fish selections, can see youve put time into your choices.

How are your fish in the bigger tank doing? 🙂
Fred was well over 3 years old, almost 4, so as captive Betta go, he didn't do badly. He was definitely a character, very feisty and funny little fella.

The 53 gallon hooligans are going brilliantly thank you. Getting bigger and braver by the day. They have been with me for almost a month and only lost the two runty Cories in the initial couple of days, everyone else is active and healthy.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back