New here, fish pellets questions. 😀

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Welcome Weimargirl01, I'd recommend you to have at home some frozen food, you should grant to the fish to live like real persons and give them diverse and fresh food, not always the same sort of pellets or some flakes etc, you will see and feel the difference at the fishes. The frozen food should be cut and thawed and the liquid of it thrown away, still little amounts of food for your modeste quantity of fish, unfortunately it costs a little extra work but it should better be done once a day at least for the health of your aquarium (red mosquito larvae, cyclops, artemia and many others frozen cubes).

Welcome Weimargirl01, I'd recommend you to have at home some frozen food, you should grant to the fish to live like real persons and give them diverse and fresh food, not always the same sort of pellets or some flakes etc, you will see and feel the difference at the fishes. The frozen food should be cut and thawed and the liquid of it thrown away, still little amounts of food for your modeste quantity of fish, unfortunately it costs a little extra work but it should better be done once a day at least for the health of your aquarium (red mosquito larvae, cyclops, artemia and many others frozen cubes).
Great, thank you for the info. I appreciate it. 😀

Hello all,

I'm new here on the forum, I've had fish about 20 years ago and just recently started up a small tank with a few neons and a betta. All is well and everyone gets along great. My question is fish pellets. I soak my pellets so they are easier to digest but when I add the water/pellets back to the tank, the pellets sink and the betta misses out on dinner. I'm very careful about the food on the substrate because we all know the consequences. How is the best way to feed these pellets so they stay floating for him? I feed the neons opposite side of tank so they get their food, and of course the pellets sink to the bottom too. 🙄

Help please, and thank you! 😊
Hi and welcome to TFF.
If you want those pellets to float, I wouldn't soak them at all.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back