New here but not new to the hobby :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Natalie1094

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Natalie. My partner Chris and I have been keeping fish for about 5 years now. We've had lots of tanks and many different types of fish. There's always something new to learn everyday in this hobby hence why I joined, so I can take what more experienced aquarists have in the way of help and advice. I have read a lot on this forum before and taken a lot of advice from here in the past. Just thought I'd join to thank you for all the great advice you've given on here, and also to say hello! I may need advice in the future, as you know anything can happen and we all make mistakes at one point or another. We started off with a small 15 gallon of coldwater fish (platys etc, no goldfish!) and here we are now with my partners 165 gallon American cichlid tank and my 75 gallon peaceful community tank. We did end up with multiple tank syndrome at one point through covid when we weren't working, but unfortunately had to downsize tanks for the sake of the fish when we got back into work! But we are very happy with what we have now, although it is a battle sometimes trying to resist the urge to have more lol.

Have a great day all 🙂

Hello Natalie. Good idea to go with larger tanks. There's a lot of water to cover you and the fish if there's a mistake in tank management. I keep my tanks as simple as possible. No heating, not much in the way of filtration and feeding the fish. They're much more actively looking for food if you feed a little. Just perform the large, weekly water changes and you'll have few, if any tank problems. Hope you have fun and keep us in the loop on the status of your tanks.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back