New Guppy Fry!

Tobek28

Reaction score
I fed my fish this morning and one of my guppies with giving birth soon after waking up and eating. The fry really seem to love resting on my dwarf aquarium lilies or in my guppy grass. I've seen about 5 or 6 get born, not sure the total. It is pretty neat watching them drop like a stone and then uncurl and swim away.

This new batch will be joining the two fry from a different birthing that are already in the tank.

20200830_084530.jpg

Here's the new mother. She isn't as colorful as my other females, but she is one of my first residents.
20200830_091240.jpg

Babiesssss!!!Fry are so darn cute... I have heaps of all sizes in my tank. Little mumma looks really good too. Congrats hun :wub:

Agreed, love spotted newborn fry in a tank! It's nice to see them from above as well, watch them finding leaves they can use to hide. That hiding instinct is pretty strong! Surface plants are great for them. Also love when they reach that stage where they're still so small, but somehow know that they're big enough not to be eaten. Have two at that stage right now, and it's great to see them out and about, exploring the tank fearlessly. :D Congrats on the tadpoles!

Most reactions

Back