New fish!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Oh, nice one. L183 has got to be one of the nicest looking Ancistrus out there.
Thank you! I agree, that's why I was so tempted when they caught my eye! Never really wanted a normal bristlenose or common pleco, don't love how they look, but these guys are so pretty.

I know the colours tend to fade as they grow up, but right now my little dude is about the size of a large-ish guppy, so I figure I'll get to enjoy these markings for a good long while, if he doesn't hide all the time.

If they have any left in a couple of weeks, might get a second one and hope for a male/female pair...

Could name him or her after a constellation of your choice
I like that idea a lot!! Thank you :D

Black Hole might turn out to be a nickname though. Especially if he turns out to have a huge appetite

I got my first pleco! Had to share.

Unfortunately, he/she's hiding behind the filter right now and impossible to get a photo, so photo credit to D and L Tropicals. I got a Starlight, L183 pleco! Absolutely love this colouring, stunning fish. He's in quarantine right now, will go in the 57 gallon tank eventually.

View attachment 129658
so cute, wish i had a pleco!

Oh, nice one. L183 has got to be one of the nicest looking Ancistrus out there.
Indeed they are, I've kept them in the past...mine were hiders, though, rarely saw them.

OP, you DO have plenty of driftwood in the tank, correct?

One of the Red Dwarf or Star Trek crew?
Haha, I'll get some funny looks if I name him Rimmer too! Almost as bad as Black Hole... :lol: Love Red Dwarf though!
Indeed they are, I've kept them in the past...mine were hiders, though, rarely saw them.

OP, you DO have plenty of driftwood in the tank, correct?
I do! Don't worry, I'm aware plecos need some driftwood :) Apparently these don't rasp driftwood as much, but I like the look of wood in my tanks anyway. And they might still need some in their diet. When this one isn't behind the filter, he's been behind one of the pieces of driftwood, so he's found them already at least. Bought a pleco cave for him too!

Orion/Black Hole/Rimmer is doing just fine, haven't seen him eat yet, but I've left biofilm to grow on the back tank walls plus there will be plenty on the driftwood, so he may well be munching on that. Will test out adding some cucumber or courgette to the tank tonight and see whether he goes for that.

He's still so tiny and cute! Just a wee baby.

He’s beautiful. Can’t wait to see yours!
Thank you, I can't wait to see mine either! LOL. He's hiding since I added him, he's found an indent thing in a piece of driftwood that he can fit in, so only his tail pokes out. At least it's a pretty tail? Haha! When he's not there, he's on the back of the sponge filter, and it's exceeding difficult to get a photo of this tiny black fish on the back of the filter, it's so dark back there. I just tried putting an additional light on the tank so the camera could see him, but of course he moved! I'll keep trying to get pics of him though for sure.
Still reckon Martin is a fitting name
I really wasnt joking.. not sure whats so funny ?
:lol:
Would be favouritism to name him Martin! You can each have a guppy named after you though!

Thank you, I can't wait to see mine either! LOL. He's hiding since I added him, he's found an indent thing in a piece of driftwood that he can fit in, so only his tail pokes out. At least it's a pretty tail? Haha! When he's not there, he's on the back of the sponge filter, and it's exceeding difficult to get a photo of this tiny black fish on the back of the filter, it's so dark back there. I just tried putting an additional light on the tank so the camera could see him, but of course he moved! I'll keep trying to get pics of him though for sure.

:lol:
Would be favouritism to name him Martin! You can each have a guppy named after you though!
You should name him whatever YOU like. Poo on everyone else!

Starlight Pleco is also one of my favorite as it doesn't grow too large and the price is still reasonable unlike the Zebra Pleco.
The white polka dots are so beautiful plus the light blue on its tail.
This fish is amazing.

The other Pleco that I like is Tiger Pleco which is being sold for USD6 at my place.

Last edited:
I visited some fish stores after work today.
I took some photos of the Plecos.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-25-21-24-17-91.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-25-21-24-17-91.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2021-02-25-21-24-03-75.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-25-21-24-03-75.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2021-02-25-21-23-35-67.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-25-21-23-35-67.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 39

Most reactions