New Fish Tank! :hyper:

pricey

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 17, 2005
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello everyone.

I recently bought my 60 litre tank as i was just getting back into fish keeping and wanted something small. I set it up. It cyced and i added my fish with 2 fatalities so far. I have got

1 x crimson siamese fighter
5 x Rummy Nose tetra
1 x Elegant cory
1 x Yamato shrimp.

Now me being me wanted a bigger tank already within about an hour of getting my fish in there. So.................today............ I got a 180 litre Juwel vision for........£130 with cabinet an its all in brilliant condition! Im exstatic but now i am clueless what fish to put in it.

Please someone give me some ideas!!!! and was £130 a good price. Asking price was £160.

Thanks guys

Pricey
 
If that tank is fully equipped and my currency conversion math is working right, its not a bad price. I am not used to pounds or liters so I could easily be wrong. My real question when I read this, especially since you are not really a newbie, is why take a small step that you know full well will lead to another step next month? I had to realize that I would eventually want a 120, about 450 liters, tank and just said the heck with it and got it. That was a much higher initial price but I didn't pay for all the others along the way and have never regretted it.
 
If my mental conversion is right that isn't a bad price at all. Looking at the stocking of your current tank, corys like to be in groups of five or more, you may want to consider getting a few more of the species you have, and adding the group to the larger tank.

Stocking a tank is like asking what flavor of ice cream is best, it's an individual thing. The larger tank does open up more possibilities, you need to decide if you like more of a community tank, a biotype tank, which would contain fish from a specific area, a species only tank, which is what it sounds like, the list is pretty endless. Best bet is to look in the aquarium pictures section here, see if there is something you prefer, and just start asking questions oriented towards that.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top