New Fish Suggestions

norbie

Fish Crazy
Joined
Nov 19, 2004
Messages
364
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Isle of Wight, UK
Hi guys,

I currently have a 30 US Gallon tank (4x1x1 ft) with the following fish:

1 x Leopard Sailfin Pleco (10-12")
2 x Pearl Gouramis
5 x Tiger Barbs (Not the nipping variety, the less aggressive ones that aren't diamond shaped)
4 x Scissortails

I'm considering getting a few new fish.

tank.jpg


I have ordered some new plants off Ebay as it's looking a little bare. The Java Fern I have has grown excellently and looks really good.

snails.jpg


I am overrun with snails - I'm told that they are Malasian Trumpet Snails.

I was thinking about getting a few Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki as I've been told they might eat the snails.

Or instead of the loaches, I had considered getting a small pleco such as the Bristlenose Pleco (any other suggestions of a small plec?). The reason for this is I love my plec and wouldn't mind a little companion for him (but only one that will stay small).

I welcome your suggestions, thanks :good:
 
Hi there, I know you've said you love your plec, and I appreciate for a 30gal tank you have a big footprint, but you're gonna get plenty of people telling you this, that tank is no home for the Gibby.......

he's a big old fish and he needs more room than that tank can give him. :/
 
I know. I rescued him from a tiny tiny 5gal tank though where he was raised from a baby. So my tank must seem massive to him even if it's not perfect.

What would you suggest?
 
are you in a position where you can get a bigger tank for him? i'm guessing your tank is 4x1x1 or something along those lines right?

well he's gonna need a floorplan of 4x2 as a minimum really. height is less important.
 
Your plec doesn't need a companion; plecs are great on their own. Go for a group of 5 or 6 of the chain loaches!
 
Yep, tank is way too small for the Gibby. He's gotta have an upgrade pretty soon. :good:
 
Your plec doesn't need a companion; plecs are great on their own. Go for a group of 5 or 6 of the chain loaches!

I have ordered some chain loaches - they are more expensive than I thought. I ordered 3 for £25.

Will a group of 3 be ok?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top