new filter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

finfayce

Fish Addict
Reaction score
do i have to run a brand filter in water outside of tank or can i use it right away?
itā€™s an internal filter pump. iā€™m adding it as a second filter in a 20 gallon tank. itā€™s an established (5+years) guppy tank.
thanks

Hi, I would say that you can add some bacteria supplement In the filter. That should do it!
But you can put the filter in right away I believe...
-Eden

Hi, I would say that you can add some bacteria supplement In the filter. That should do it!
But you can put the filter in right away I believe...
-Eden
thanks so much :)
i have API Quick Start which makes the water safe right away-
in addition of course of anti chlorine treatment. that should be ok?

If you are adding a new filter to an established tank and keeping the old filter too, just rinse the new filter under tap water and set it up, then get it running on the tank.

As Colin points out, if/when you add a filter to an established tank with a running filter. you just rinse/clean the filter and hook it up 'm go. Just don't remove the old filter...or if you wish to do so, you need to wait until the new filter is 'seasoned' (2 weeks of more).

If you are adding a new filter to an established tank and keeping the old filter too, just rinse the new filter under tap water and set it up, then get it running on the tank.
thanks again Colin :)

Most reactions

trending

Back