New Corals?

spadge

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
This section has seemed a little quiet as of late so i thought id add a little something, has anyone bought any new corals of late? whats the latest 'trend' in coals, i have recently purchased a sun coral (fist sized), a red leather finger cactus, a toadstool coral, a cabbage coral and a brain coral (although im unsure on this) all for about £100 ish the brain coral was sold to me cheap as the LFS had it brought in and was unsure on what it exactly was, its approx 6 inches in diameter brown under halides and bright green under blue light, it has seperate mouth sections which open on the main body when rotifers are added and close again, it does not look like any other brains i have seen.

So my question is who has what? any new corals, storys or just great deals?

I just recently bought a little frag of duncan, 1 head, and it's the typical duncan grey and green, but there are grey stripes all across the green. I also got a really nice teal bottlebrush acro with purple polyps, but it got RTN and died in under 24 hours :X

I just recently bought a little frag of duncan, 1 head, and it's the typical duncan grey and green, but there are grey stripes all across the green. I also got a really nice teal bottlebrush acro with purple polyps, but it got RTN and died in under 24 hours :X

Ive been keeping my eye on a nice duncan recently, it has 4 heads and is £50, but with my new purchases (and the corals i order last night) my wife will soon have grounds for divorce lol

I have ordered a large staghorn and a large 4-6 inch diameter scoly, i love these they are so cool.

Hey seffie, never seen a green devils hand do you have any pics? i actually left a devils hand this weekend for my sun coral (been wanting one for ages) and my finger cactus, think i may be going back for it this wekend though.

I will try post photos of my new corals in morning,

My most recent LPS was a Galaxia coral, and to be honest they don't seem all that mainstream?

I love the look of them!

galaxia.jpg

Highly aggressive with long sweeper tentacles too - I love a challenge :)

My most recent find
fc357ae1.jpg

Had it a few weeks now.

please don't spend 50 quid on 4 headed duncan! Rip off. Once my tanks running again if your near shekels il give you 4 heads! The last time I saw mine I had 80 at a rough count not seen it in 6 months! I only paid 70 for that!

4 head Duncan for £50!!! WHAT??? #92###! i bought a 4 head one for £10 at my LFS and that was bad enough!! LOL. I just bought a 6-7 inch platygyra and a blue and green trachyphyllia - they come on Tuesday !!! CANT WAIT!!
Here's it's photo on the web!!
bd9ea9c3.jpg

383da1fc.jpg

Prior to that i bought a cool elegance and a scolymia!! I'm buying such expensive corals!!
cb2b39ce.jpg

8ef962cb.jpg

Yeah £50, its strange some here are really expensive and others are dead cheap, i got a huge sun coral for £22 my LFS said it would cost me £70 from him. scolys vary but the last one in my LFS was £90. i trade geckos for corals so it costs me nothing really, id love an elegance.

Much appreciated ben, where is shekels?

Well after adding several new corals the other week, this week i have added a huge finger leather, an elephant coral about 6 inchs in diameter and a small frag of christmas tree coral, pinkish with bright orange polyps.

IT seems im adding 3 or 4 corals a month now its so expensive, keeps me out of trouble though :good:

im a sheffield boy. I just cant type. My corals are on an raf base in the middle of nowhere for the next few weeks though

im a sheffield boy. I just cant type. My corals are on an raf base in the middle of nowhere for the next few weeks though

Does being a Sheffield boy make you repeat yourself?

Lol!! My phone keeps doing double posting!!

Any pics Spadge? I'll post my new red scoly pic, and my maze!!

No pics at the minute, but my tank is due a water change and clean 2mos so im sure the camera will come out then.
LOL OH sheffield, i was dead confused, lol well id appreciate whatever whenever pal, tell me if you want anything and i can arrange delivery/ pick up etc

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back