New betta clamped dorsal

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

PrairieSunflower

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
When my last betta died I decided to get black neons. Yesterday I spotted female bettas for the first time in ages so I got one.

Yesterday my betta would go striped if I looked at her too long but would color when left alone. Today though she is stripey a lot and on and off clamping her dorsal fin. I see absolutely no friction between fish to suggest they are bothering her. My tank is doing well, 79 degrees, no ammonia and water was changed yesterday before she was added.

She has no other symptoms, she is very active and interactive (comes to see me today), I've not even seen her rest and she ate well (hikari beta bio gold, 3 balls pre-soaked).

Is this something to be concerned about or part of the adjustment?

Yesterday my betta would go striped if I looked at her too long but would color when left alone.

Give her time to adjust, the stripes you describe are stress stripes and quite normal for females.

What about the clamping, is that part of the stress? Her color is much better lights out this evening and her dorsal maybe half clamped.

UPDATE:

Ok. I overreacted. Today she is 100% as I expected her to be, full color no clamping and being fully social too.:oops:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back