New aquascape

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Wills

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I've had a big shuffle round in my tank, learned a lot over the last few months of having it up and running as a high tech set up so wanted to make a scape that reflected that. Not sure what style it is, I was inspired by the Brazillian style with lots of rocks and stem plants. Its not got the sand path you see in them though which I chose not to do because of the upkeep. I like what I've done so far but want it to grow in more before I decide if I want to move anything around.

Let me know what you think would really like some peoples input :)

Wills

IMG_1219.jpg

Very cool! The rocks look dramatic. Is there any way to move that big tube off to the side or back? It detracts from a GREAT looking scape.
Yes I know what you mean I might swap to either a set without the skimmer or try glass - glass can look super ugly if you don’t clean it every week though. I don’t think there is a good place for it otherwise though.

Wills

BTW, I've never used a skimmer, and only a couple times wished I had one. Your tank isn't very heavily stocked, is it? Or is this one stocked at all? I forget. Anyway, maybe you could just go without it.

BTW, I've never used a skimmer, and only a couple times wished I had one. Your tank isn't very heavily stocked, is it? Or is this one stocked at all? I forget. Anyway, maybe you could just go without it.

Its just got some Amano Shrimp in at the moment, touch wood once these plants start to fill in I want to get a school of Galaxy Rasbora in here. The skimmer has been really good, it breaks up the biofilm on the surface of the water the sometimes builds up and with it being an open top tank it does get dust on the surface. There is a little Ehiem one you can get as a suplimental one about £30 which looks good.

Wills

oo are there any fish or am i blind?
Just Amano Shrimp at the moment while I learn the Co2 process. Feel confident now so going to be adding a school of Galaxy Rasbora soon.

Wills

Just Amano Shrimp at the moment while I learn the Co2 process. Feel confident now so going to be adding a school of Galaxy Rasbora soon.

Wills
nice i never noticed the amano bc they camoflage so well with plants lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back