New Aquascape With Sand

RobberyinCSharp

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So after a bit of a fishy disaster in my tank, I have decided to remove all the old plants and start with new plants and somewhat of a new aquascape. However, I'm having some issues thus far I'm hoping some of the more experienced scapers can help me out with.

Firstly - I have API Laterite for my planting substrate. I know that many people have a love/hate relationship with this substance but it was the first planting medium I've ever used and it was the first substrate I ever had that didn't let my plants die after three days in my tank. The problem? It ALWAYS gets pushed to the top of the sand when I vacuum or add new plants. My sand always looks dirty because of the laterite stones coming out. I would like to switch to a different substrate some day, but I feel like for now, I just want to be able to add new plants and bury them properly without the uplifting of my planting substrate. Any suggestions on how I could do this?

I'm also having a very hard time coming up with a new aqua scape. Right now, I have Temple plants, Amazon swords, and two smaller plants (which I cannot remember the names of - one is red and looks like Wisteriw and the other is also wisteria-looking but has green leaves and a red stem.). Although I've got the plants from tallest in the back to the shortest in the front, I still really want to add more plants like grassy-substances.

How on earth do I get this all to blend together? :/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back