New Additions

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

indigoj

sic itur ad astra
Reaction score
Thought you might like to see the 2 latest additions to our small zoo.....

3884793577_c9bbe461ca.jpg

3885590162_780ea1a7b0.jpg

Taking us to: 4 gerbils, 2 mice, 2 budgies, 2 dogs and 3 tanks of fish!

ahh very cool

Oh god i miss my mice!!!

I loved my mice! I used to breed more unusual colours like Rump Whites, my favourite were my pair of Black Tan Rump Whites and Blue Tan Rump Whites. Black/Blue body with Tan belly and a White bum, called em my lil 'wump rights'.

And i had show grade Silver Agoutis that were HUGE, as big as your average syrian hamster! Took up the whoe of a hand when it was curled up!

WHen I was a kid my parents caught 2 mice in the Garage and let me and my brother keep them as pets in the house!!! I'm not sure what they were thinking but im pretty sure wild mice carry all sorts of diesese and bacterias. eeeks

One ran away while we were playing out in the yard with them and the other my cat broke into the cage and killed it. That cat also murdered a cage full of baby gerbils and their parents.

MIce are cute little creatures but I am scared to death of them now.

Awww...

Well they seem to be settling in nicely, playing on the wheel and rearranging the bedding - oh and eating! The one with the patch never stops eating while the brown one is super active on the wheel.

Had mice a long time ago - when I was a kid so it is nice to get them again.

Found a couple of photos :)

Black Tan Rump White:

26thfebruary078.jpg

Chocolate Tan Rump White:

187.jpg

Nakid Mouse!:

nekkidmouse1.jpg

I had mice... both of them were really fast and it was a pain in the butt to clean their cage cause they wouldn't sit still. I had a fancy mouse and a cute little feeder mouse from petco. The feeder was named alice. She was really cute! She was a cream color with black eyes (the red-eyed ones scare me lol) and I got a fancy mouse from petsmart. She was gray and white and she absolutley hated me. =D My mother made me get rid of them because they made a mess and they smelled really bad. So now I have a syrian hamster... I miss the mice. I love my hamster because she is so clean and adorable, but she is not very active at all. Oh yeah, and I forgot to incluse that alice died....she escaped out of her cage and went into the drawer of my dresser....found her a few days later and...it didn't smell too great. And, I gave the other mouse back to petsmart lol. Just warning you but, THESE MICE ARE SNEAKY!! Mine escape like four times. One got in my closet, one went to the other side of the house and into my dad's desk! If you ever let these things out, keep an eye on them. Heh sorry for that grusome story on alice, and its probably just my bad luck with mice. =D

Here's some pics:

Alice:
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w229/kittysrule55/093.jpg

uhh idk I never named her. She had like 17 names. I just called her "Mouse" most of the time =D
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w229/kittysrule55/001.jpg

Anyway, Good luck with your mice! (The first one is adorable! =) )

Aww yours were cute too.

Just cleaned them for the 1st time with (luckily) no drama, they were very good and sat in a cardboard tube while I transfered them into the spare cage. They are getting used to us now, still jumpy but will be gently stroked without running off. Next step proper handling to really tame them.

Nah, their not that fast and are easy to handle and look after. Just avoid wire cages because over time the wires get stretched apart, maybe by a water bottle etc and if the mice are small enough or have babies then you are a bit stuffed lol. I never lots a mouse and i kept them in wire cages, lab cages, fish tanks, tanks with a homemade mesh lid and so on...

I would just say make sure they are cleaned out EVERY week, their pee can smell but so do hamsters so ther you go...

Got them in a plastic cage (a cheap version of rotastak lol) which so far they lov - got wood tubes and things for them to play on, chew and climb.

They are settling in nicely, come and watch us eat every tea time :)

Aww i love the little miceys :D but i think someone by the name of "mother" might object quite strongly ahah. I had a friend who had mice. they were lovely, and a big hit with children because they were really friendly. i don't know if it's the soap i use but all 6 of them ironically decided to... ahem, do some sort of "business" on my hand. It didn't smell of soap anymore! :) good luck with'em
Regards

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back