New 80 Litre Fish Tank, Advise On Which Fish To Have

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Whisker29

Reaction score
I have just purchased an 80 litre fish tank and was after some suggestions for the type and amount of fish I could have. I would like colourful as well as interesting fish.

Any suggestions???

I have a 65L, the general rule of thumb is a gallon per fish, so I have 16 fish.....listed plus 1 below..... :good:

**1 gallon per inch of fish**

It's a bit of a hit and miss ruling really. there are far too many variables for this to be relevant. :/

Whisker, if you could give us the dimensions of the tank then that would make it much easier to suggest fish for you. Will you be fishless cycling the tank and filter? Have a quick read of the beginners resource guide that is pinned at the top of this section.

Welcome to the forum. :)

**1 gallon per inch of fish**

It's a bit of a hit and miss ruling really. there are far too many variables for this to be relevant. :/

Whisker, if you could give us the dimensions of the tank then that would make it much easier to suggest fish for you. Will you be fishless cycling the tank and filter? Have a quick read of the beginners resource guide that is pinned at the top of this section.

Welcome to the forum. :)
The tank size is 60Lx40Hx35D I will be fish cycling yes. I have been looking at dwarf gourami And Dwarf cichlids as my main centre piece fish, any ideas?

You would be better of fishless cycling rather than fish in cycling. Less risk.

A Trio of Honey Gourami's would be a brilliant centre piece. You may get away with a pair of Apistogramma, but you would have to keep an eye on things incase they breed. If they do then you will probably experience a fair bit of aggression towards your other tank mates.

You would be better of fishless cycling rather than fish in cycling. Less risk.

A Trio of Honey Gourami's would be a brilliant centre piece. You may get away with a pair of Apistogramma, but you would have to keep an eye on things incase they breed. If they do then you will probably experience a fair bit of aggression towards your other tank mates.
Sorry meant fishless cycling

you could try a calico telescope goldfish and a clown loach

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back