New 60g Planted Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It'll be fine, it'll go mad soon, Hydro is such a fast grower.

i really love it, I was a little worried when I saw how fine the stems were, but it's an awesome little plant. Here are some pics
shifty.gif

Here are two before pics, these were from friday jan 11th
DSCN4639_zps342b0c00.jpg

DSCN4635_zps3207544b.jpg

Here are pics from last night, wed. jan 16 (5 days later)
DSCN4687_zps2dbfe48c.jpg

DSCN4688_zps828fffb9.jpg

You can see some new growth here :yahoo:
DSCN4686_zps9404242d.jpg

and here :yahoo:
DSCN4689_zps984b8ea5.jpg

I finally found the best setting on my camera, so I really like the way these pics look. Maybe next time a shot from above would be good too. Its hard to look through the glass at an angle... I can see a slight difference in the poofiness of the hydro, i think there's some filling in, and of course the new growth. So exciting :)

Just though I would add an new pic of the tank. There's been some moving around for sure, I took the rocks out to make more ground room, I still miss them :rolleyes: .... and I've added some wood.

DSCN4918_zps86493a6f.jpg

Not the best shot, but it gives you the idea.  I added a couple more crypts yesterday, which are doing great in my tank, and some cambomba (sp?lol) to fill in behind the big piece of wood. Also added some moss, I will take another pic after my water change today :)

wow love this tank and stunning bit of wood where did u find that :0)

Thank you very much for the compliment!!!    I found the wood in a LFS about 45 minutes from my house, so not so local i guess.  I didn't have the money for that piece at the time, even though it was still a great price.  It was stuck in my head for about a month, during which I sold my old tank and I finally gave in and went back and couldn't believe they still had it! My cories love it too, and it's pretty funny to watch the rest of my fish gather underneath it bc they look ridiculous (silly angels)...

Oh my, I adore that wood! Would look beautiful with the fish swimming in and out of it. And I love your hill! You've done such a great job. 

Gidge said:
Oh my, I adore that wood! Would look beautiful with the fish swimming in and out of it. And I love your hill! You've done such a great job. 

Thank you so very much.  I get a lot criticism on my hill, so thank you for the compliment!!!! I love it too ;)

great looking tank. both the hill, and main piece of wood are spectacular. the shape the roots but also the crypts spewing from the side.

only aspect i'm not sure about, and this isn't intended as bad criticism only personal preference, is i think it's the cabomba on the far right hand side, not sure about it. but i stress that's just a silly personal thought.

Great Tank. Enjoyed the Thread.

AlbertShipman said:
great looking tank. both the hill, and main piece of wood are spectacular. the shape the roots but also the crypts spewing from the side.

only aspect i'm not sure about, and this isn't intended as bad criticism only personal preference, is i think it's the cabomba on the far right hand side, not sure about it. but i stress that's just a silly personal thought.

Great Tank. Enjoyed the Thread.

Thank you very much, i love the hill and the wood and the crypts too.  Constructive criticism is fine by me, I always love to hear what other people think about my tank.  It's some kind of rotala and I completely agree, I hate it lol.  I'll be taking that out this weekend and also the two crispus I have centered, they're way too long and no matter where I put them they're getting stuck in the out-takes.  I think without the drastic height in the middle, the other cool features of the tank will stand out a bit more... we'll see.  Thanks again for the input ;)  it gave me the boost I needed to just rip it out of there lol.

I'll take another update pic once those are removed, bc there's been a lot of moss added to the tank as well :shifty:

Why don't you put the 2 Crispus where the Rotala is? That would look pretty cool. 

I tried that to begin with, but the out take kept kept pushing the leaves down onto the big piece of driftwood, and it looked really messy and out of place. I like the crispus a lot but it's just way too tall for my tank.  I even tried clipping a couple leaves to see if they would grow back shorter, but they grew back the same exact way. They're my first crispus so I'm not sure if I just have a mammoth kind or what lol.

greenmumma141 said:
I tried that to begin with, but the out take kept kept pushing the leaves down onto the big piece of driftwood, and it looked really messy and out of place. I like the crispus a lot but it's just way too tall for my tank.  I even tried clipping a couple leaves to see if they would grow back shorter, but they grew back the same exact way. They're my first crispus so I'm not sure if I just have a mammoth kind or what lol.
That's a shame :(

I know, I keep going back and forth about it but it's just not meant to be I guess.

Some updated pics of the tank, after taking out the rotala (thank goodness).  I actually decided to chop the crispus's down and hope they grow bck shorter and fuller. After looking at everyone's crispus pics, I couldn't just get rid of them :rolleyes:

DSCN5053_zps60262125.jpg

I didnt notice at first, but if you look closely, my rams are squaring off in this pic, in the middle of the tank, and Spike is flashing his colors quite boisterously hehe

DSCN5055_zps9b090855.jpg

You can see all the new moss additions, it actually made a big difference and helped blend the rocks with all the green. Much more natural looking now. I even got a little moss crazy and attached some to my airstone tubes :D I like it, and the moss is actually taking and starting to cover it on it's own now.  You can see it in this pic.

DSCN5059_zps350c74a2.jpg

middle of the tank, during a cory storm hehehe

DSCN5062_zps28f0317a.jpg

They're getting big and chunky :wub:

DSCN5057_zps677ff2c6.jpg

This side of the tank is looking MUCH better, the penny wort is growing fast and I love the whimsical shape of the leaves next to the roots.

DSCN5058_zpsbf1a4af3.jpg

And a shot of Edward, just bc he's awesome.

That's all :)

Wow! your tank has really come along great in the last few months! You have definitely put some hard work into making it the way you want to. and I personally thing its much better without the rocks..  lol look whos talking right? Its definitely a stunning tank :)

Thanks!!!

haha, I have to agree. I loved the rocks, but I like it much better now, they took up too much room for me to go as planted as I wanted to. Still can't wait for it all to fill in :S  ....patience is certainly not my best asset lol.

Most reactions

trending

Back