New 55 Gal Aquascape.

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
4,074
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Location
US
I finally put it together well almost still waiting for the filter so I can start my fishless cycle. Once it is cycled I'm going to add plants and a few cory cats first.

here is what I did so far. I might rearrange the rocks a bit so the caves are larger.

Once I get some green in there it will look super sweet.
P4120015.jpg


P4120014.jpg



What do you think? Constructive criticism is fine with me I'm an artist I can take it and I like it. This is my first all natural plant tank. I tried add texture and like a work of art I tired to make it so your eyes are not just set on one thing. But still bring attention to focal points. I can't wait to have some plants.

I'm thinking of getting an aquarium background the white wall is just not doing it for me. What do you think of aquarium backgrounds? I have mixed feelings on them. maybe just a blue green background.
 
Being an artist too, I think you done a very well job at keeping everything balanced. The decor you have added is not weighted to one side, and your eyes, like stated, are not drawn to just one thing!

I love it!

And when you get plants, it will look very nice!

It is looking like a perfect tank for a Cichlid setup, with all the caves and what not!

For the background, I love dark ones! I have a black background on my tank, which brings out the colors of the fish a lot!

Other than that...very nice looking tank thus far!

-FHM
 
I think it looks great so far! :good: I'm anxious to see what it will look like with plants in there as well. The only thing that sticks out to me is the bright white rock in the middle. IMO the slate colored rocks look much better.
 
Most of the rocks are granit different shades. Some natural slate . The rock that you say sticks out was the only one I bought. It's rose quarts I just have a weakness for rose quarts that's way it's there I might put it in a less in your face spot. Your right it is a bit off.
 
I'm not an artist, but if you'll pardon the cliche, I know what I like - and I like your hardscape.

Speaking from the peanut gallery, something that's 'in your face' prior to planting may well be half-concealed and considerably softened in the 'finished tank' once things have started to grow in.
If you're putting in taller or crawling foreground plants in the area, that quartz may become a minor accent in a complex living tapestry.
Not that I have any idea what your plans are...
But I certainly love the start!
And that one piece of driftwood makes me think of a seal, somehow...
Very cool!
 
Thanks guys. Yes i'm going to but in tall background plants and some on the wood and some grass like around the rocks and some wide leaf mid size in the side middle. That mopani wood was a steal only $7.00 it's almost 2 feet.
 
Ok so it's pretty much done now. Here is how it looks now. The plants still need to fill in and I need to add some finishing touches. I'm redoing my 36 gal tank i will have to pose a before and after of that one.

Here is my 55 gal just about ready for fish.
P5220164.jpg


P5220161.jpg


P5220162.jpg
 
looks awesome good number of plants not too much and not too little!!

BTW the plant in the middle looks a bit too high up, if i wer u id cut it smaller

but for the mst part it looks sweet!!
 
Thanks. But I love my onion plant being so tall it floats on the top. It's my center piece plant right now. I was thinking of adding another. But I just added some val so we will see how tall that gets. But thanks.
 
I finally put it together well almost still waiting for the filter so I can start my fishless cycle. Once it is cycled I'm going to add plants and a few cory cats first.

here is what I did so far. I might rearrange the rocks a bit so the caves are larger.

Once I get some green in there it will look super sweet.
P4120015.jpg


P4120014.jpg



What do you think? Constructive criticism is fine with me I'm an artist I can take it and I like it. This is my first all natural plant tank. I tried add texture and like a work of art I tired to make it so your eyes are not just set on one thing. But still bring attention to focal points. I can't wait to have some plants.

I'm thinking of getting an aquarium background the white wall is just not doing it for me. What do you think of aquarium backgrounds? I have mixed feelings on them. maybe just a blue green background.

What i want to know is... What are u going to put in it...
 
Thanks this is my first planted all natural tank.

I'm going to put 6 Blue acaras in hopes that 2 will pair up. Once they do The tank is all them well mostly. I'm going to rehome the rest. I have a medusa Pleco That will go in too. Then some Corys and maybe a few Black skirts or a school of redeye tetras I am not sure what one yet.

This is mostly for the Acaras I have wanted for so long. And my pleco who LOVES rocks.
 
This is starting to look like an exellent tank, with alot more plants and some fishies it'll be awesome :D..
 

Most reactions

Back
Top