New 5 gallon hexagon tank started cycling for a Betta fish

@Retired Viking i shall be definitely having a male betta and shall be checking out names now..i've nearly got the tank to how it should be, i just need to wait for the cycle to finish which will be in june but no harm looking up names :rofl:

I'm quite excited but will most likely cock up some where :rolleyes:

@Retired Viking i shall be definitely having a male betta and shall be checking out names now..i've nearly got the tank to how it should be, i just need to wait for the cycle to finish which will be in june but no harm looking up names :rofl:

I'm quite excited but will most likely cock up some where :rolleyes:
Add tetra safe start to speed it along

@JuiceBox52 & @Retired Viking my silk plant come today alright for the money and my suck on leaf is ok :rofl: and my bloom as nearly gone, just the cycle to take it's course now.

Attachments

• 20200505_172617 (2).jpg
    20200505_172617 (2).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • 20200505_173314.jpg
    20200505_173314.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
  • 20200505_173307 (2).jpg
    20200505_173307 (2).jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 64
hope you enter your tank in our next Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 16 US gallons or smaller. Entry period starts on June 1st.
My tank won't be finished cycling till the middle of june or the end as it started it's cycle on the 1st may.

You should post a picture when it is all set up with the plants.
I will do and i shall fetch that thermostat out at the side, it's only keeping a check on the heater at the moment, then after i can check with my digital, added some more zyme again today and in the morning the water should be totally clear again.

You have other tanks, right?

Easy to seed a new cycle by adding a couple pieces of ceramic media from those tanks to this one...
:whistle:

Looking good! But, a female betta is just as good as a male... even got a bit of spunk to them too! I got a boy and a girl, and the girl is way more active and bossy haha. My boy... he is dumb as bricks but i love him, hes adorable and goofy.

You have other tanks, right?

Easy to seed a new cycle by adding a couple pieces of ceramic media from those tanks to this one...
:whistle:

Looking good! But, a female betta is just as good as a male... even got a bit of spunk to them too! I got a boy and a girl, and the girl is way more active and bossy haha. My boy... he is dumb as bricks but i love him, hes adorable and goofy.
Well i had a 20 litre to start while i got a 100 litre (22 gllon) and both them went down to the step daughters end and her partner got rid of the 20 litre but kept the 22 gallon and now i've got an boyu 60 gallon since january and now this one, i know i could have used the media and 2 buckets from my other but i just wanted a nice clean tank to put a betta into, although my waters are great on the Boyu.

I seem to go for males :rofl: as my other tank contains all males, except i don't known about my corys.

Tank looks great! Lucky little betta. Oh, and don’t talk about MTS. At 15 tanks, I’m in a terminal state! Lol
Cheers i've spent a fare bit but god knows what you've done with 15 and having hubby over my shoulder checking doesn't help one bit and now he's started asking when i come off Amazon :eek:
I do love my new fish room where I can sit and watch them all at once.
I find that very relaxing besides enjoying their swimming behaviour and how they play.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back