New 42 Litre Tank...

emilythestrange

Fishaholic
Joined
Aug 21, 2008
Messages
424
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
GB
I have just gone out and brought a new clearseal aquarium to replace my old one, I had a 27 litre (UK) tank, My new tank is 18" X 12" X 12" so its 42 litres, I will be moving across my Female Molly and Albino cory, (and mature filter media and heater etc)

Any suggestions?

I know i cant stock up, but what is realistic in terms of quality for the fish?
 
you need to get atleast 3 more corys the more there are the happyer they will be
and maby another couple of female mollys
 
you need to get atleast 3 more corys the more there are the happyer they will be
and maby another couple of mollys

Not if that molly is a male... And agree on the corries, maybe a school of neons.
 
you need to get atleast 3 more corys the more there are the happyer they will be
and maby another couple of mollys

Not if that molly is a male... And agree on the corries, maybe a school of neons.

The molly is a female, I wouldnt ever add any male livebearers (Been there, done that) The males are in the 100L.

How many fish would be reasonable for my tank?
I have a fluval 1 plus, which goes up to 45 L, I brought this size tank so i didnt have to upgrade my filter & heater, yet i could improve their quality of life slightly
 
Agree with the above.

If it were me I'd re-home (to your other tank or elsewhere) the female molly.
and have something like
6 Tetra
4 Corys

But working with your current fish...
1 x Sailfin Molly female
1 x Honey Gourami
4 x Cory
So long as you were willing to keep on top of water changes of course. :)
 
Agree with the above.

If it were me I'd re-home (to your other tank or elsewhere) the female molly.
and have something like
6 Tetra
4 Corys

But working with your current fish...
1 x Sailfin Molly female
1 x Honey Gourami
4 x Cory
So long as you were willing to keep on top of water changes of course. :)

Hi, the reason why i used this second tank was for the female molly, so she was seperate from the males, I couldnt give her away etc after owning her for a year.
I was told on my post about my bigger 100L tank, that my opaline dwarf gourami is too cramped in my tank? so therefore would a honey gourami be cramped in a 42 L?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top