New 28g Tank - What To Put In It? Discus?

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
6,671
Reaction score
438
Points
83
Location
Wirral UK
I've just bought a 3ft by 18 by 12 tank off ebay

as you'll see I have an oddball tank a brackish tank and my sons community so I'm not sure what to do with this one

I know its not that big but should I go for 4 discus and some tetras or would that be a bad idea. I last kept discus about 8 years ago and had 6 in a four foot

any other ideas would be welcome
 
I've just bought a 3ft by 18 by 12 tank off ebay

as you'll see I have an oddball tank a brackish tank and my sons community so I'm not sure what to do with this one

I know its not that big but should I go for 4 discus and some tetras or would that be a bad idea. I last kept discus about 8 years ago and had 6 in a four foot

any other ideas would be welcome

Hmm the only thing You havent got is Cichlids :P and that tank is a bit too small for em i think, maybe you could have shell dwellers :good::shifty:
 
Discus should really be kept in at least a 50g in groups of five or more. What kind of fish do you like besides discus?

Ryan
 
I've a couple of kribs with about 14 2 week old babies with them.

Just remembered I was thinking about getting some Brichardi or rather a pair but I fancied a more mobile tank than that as my Brackish is very static

I'm a plec and oddball man.

I might stick my ancistrus pair in with a load of tetras

are malawis the colourful ones that you can have a few of? would this tank be too small for them?
 
Have you got the money to go marine?, and I think you could put malawai's in there but for the long run I dont think it would be good
 
Have you got the money to go marine?, and I think you could put malawai's in there but for the long run I dont think it would be good

not at moment as wife moaning about latest fish addition!!! the joys of being married eh

Its going to take a while to cycle anyway so I have a week or two to think and plan
 
Do you mean mbuna? If so, the tank is a bit small. Do you like puffers? In the oddballs section, there is a pinned topic, anti-tankbusting oddballs or something like that. Take a look in there and see if there are any you like. I can't really help you with plecos, never was really into them.

Ryan
 
There are quite a few pleco that would fit in your tank I think mate have a look at this [topic="132656"]Pleco's For Smaller Tanks[/topic]
 
oh well solved that problem!!!

Its for sale on ebay as the LFS guy rang me to say someone selling a 60x30x24 tank so have bought that instead which kinda changes my options lol
 
oh well solved that problem!!!

Its for sale on ebay as the LFS guy rang me to say someone selling a 60x30x24 tank so have bought that instead which kinda changes my options lol

HHAHAHA HI FIVE!! :good:
 
£75 for the tank a crude but effective metal stand and hood. I'll need a light heaters and filter but I'm hapopy with the tank

I need to clear space in my garage. I just realised i GOT THE SIZE OF MY TANK ON SIG wrong my Clwon Knife is going to go in with Ornate Bichir with 2 fireeels and other fish will use the other tank
 

Most reactions

Back
Top