New 14g Oceanic Biocube

if that is a matting frag i can see put it up top. The green really comes out in good lighting, and it will spread like a fire. Its a attractive coral to have. I really like the top coral, what is it? some sort of scroll?

Hey ehudd well the coral on top is a pagoda cup, you cant tell in the pictures but theres streaks of green in it, and also the star polyps do matt but i dont want to put them on top due to limited frag space so hopefully they will spread on the rock there on right now.

Did you decide to get the Eheim Compact 600? If not, then i reccommend them, i have one in my 12 gal and i think its gr8, it is small and compact lol and doesnt get in the way, or you could try the hydor koralias, they come in a range of sizes but both powerheads are very cheap to maintain

will

nano hydor koralias are coool, rather small and 960 litres an hour :) ehiem compacts are just as small though but hydors spread the flow more.

Well i still havent got the ehiem i think im going to go with the hydor nanos but i havent seen them sold anywhere yet, not sure where to find one, but thanks for info

Im thinking of getting the Oceanic 14 g as well. I know there are a lot cubes out there these days (aquapod, nano) but Ive heard that the Oceanic, especially the 2007 model, is the best on the market right now.

Had a question about the extra powerhead....is positioning important? Where would you place the head once you get it?

And real quickly, some were talking about a reef test kit....anybody able to rattle off for me what specific parameters are important and makes a reef test kit necessary? I wasnt aware of this kit before reading this thread.

TIA

A power head placement would depend on you corals and rock work.

A reef test kit will have pH, Nitrate, Phosphate, Calcium, Alkalinity, Magnesium and maybe some trace ones like Strontium and/or Iodine

Thanks i actually got fish in there and i rescaped my rocks, i got a clown a six line and a scooter blenny, no more fish, everything is doing good, havent posted an updated in a while. The only bad thing is both my shrimp died a little while back, i suspect either the clown and six line biolode where to much for them or my six line killed them. well il add new pics here shortly.

its been a while since i last posted but heres an updated picture of what my cube looks like, my pagoda cup wasnt doing to good so had to give it away and my six line wrasse stopped eating and dissapeared one day. Not sad, now i get to put in a friendlier fish in. well heres a picture.

Attachments

• 19jun08.JPG
    19jun08.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 146

Most reactions

Back