New 10 gallon scape

JDaaze

Reaction score
Started a new 10 gallon aquascape today. Iā€™m using seiryu rocks with a Fluval Stratum substrate. A little bit of fine sand in between the rocks. Iā€™m going to use dwarf hair grass, anubias nana petite and Java moss. Will post more pictures as I progress. Also will take any suggestions of plants or stocking ideas.
9F5AAC65-55D7-4597-AD1F-BD6ACFF869B5.jpeg

Whats your GH? That will impact stock choices

Can't wait to see the end result of this scape :D

Whats your GH? That will impact stock choices

Can't wait to see the end result of this scape :D

My GH is pretty high right now at 140 PPM. KH is at 40 PPM. I finished putting in the hairgrass but the anubias nana and Java moss are late and should be here tomorrow. Also ordered some RĆ³tala Vietnam and some Ludwigia Peruensis for the background. Donā€™t know much about these plants, they were kind of an impulse buy haha.

Stock wise, you are pretty open to a lot.

Perhaps some corydoras habrosus for the bottom level?

My LFS only had 6 of the panda corys in stock so I ended up getting those for the bottom level. Also put a crown tail betta and two guppies from a previous tank. Do you think this bio load is fine for a 10 gallon? The filter is from a previous established tank. The dwarf hair grass are placed in pretty large clumps because I got a little too much of it so hopefully it spreads at a decent rate. Iā€™m waiting for the propagation of the fern to get a little larger so I can pull the plant and place the propagations on the rocks. Hopefully the anubias nana petite and the Java moss come today.

Attachments

• F37F5070-9EE1-45A2-96D1-A0CCAC9E300F.jpeg
    F37F5070-9EE1-45A2-96D1-A0CCAC9E300F.jpeg
    344.4 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
It could be a lot for that tank, especially with the six panda corys. Do the guppies get along with the betta? I would avoid mixing those, but if it worked well for you in a previous tank I suppose it could be ok.

Yeah theyā€™ve been getting a long for awhile. The only difference right now is that the top of the aquarium isnā€™t as heavily planted as the previous tank. But I have some plants on the way to break up the top water. They seem to be getting along just fine right now.

Have a back up plan for the betta if it doesn't work out, they can randomly turn on tankmates they were previously fine with.

But also keep in mind the temperature isn't good for pandas and bettas. Bettas need above 78 where panda cories need below 77, keeping fish in the wrong temperatures can mess up their metabolism and immune system.

Yeah I may need to relocate the pandas to another 10 g. I didnā€™t realize they needed cooler water. Some of the anubias nana petite and Java moss came today. The Java moss came looking a little rough but hopefully it will bounce back. The last of the anubias was delayed due to temperatures in my area a little too cold for shipping. So far Iā€™m happy with my first fully planted tank though.
129F7F47-5DAB-423F-8119-E451B47E1327.jpeg

Awesome tank! Absolutely stunning. :clap:

I would be very cautious with the betta and guppies... guppies usually have long, brightly colored tails, which a betta could confuse with another betta...

Have you noticed any aggression so far?

The plants look fantastic! Also loving those rocks

Thanks for everyoneā€™s replies! Iā€™ll move the guppies and corys to their own tank once it gets cycled hopefully in a few weeks. Right now I have an the aqueon clip on led light with 60 LEDs do you think that this will be strong enough for the ludwigia? I was considering getting the NICREW gen 2 classic LED light because the clip on doesnā€™t quite reach the edges of the tank as well as I would like. Would this other light be a better choice?

some kuhli loaches would look great wriggling through those rocks! Could make a great clean up crew, get along with the Betta and can tolerate higher temps. Nice tank!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back