Never Use This Thermometer.

Ive actually in the past used many of these exact ones and found them to be very good, maybe you just had a bad one lol... that is a hefty price to pay tho lol they are far from that price in the uk ;)
 
Legally it's advisable only to stick the facts about an individual purchase and ensure you've got the documentary evidence should you be taken to court on libel charges. But then most reasonable people know that already.
 
As I mentioned in your other thermometer thread... I use these on my tanks and i'm pretty pleased with them, and the results are always great compared with the inside ones I use as well.
 
I have similar types on both 10gal and our 29gal and they all work just fine. The one on the 29gal is kinda hard to see, but it still tells the temp really well.
 
Maybe the OP has a particularly thick glass or plastic tank so the heat isn't transmitted as well as is needed for the things to work.

We used to have a version of these thermometers to check body temperature when we were ill as children. Put them on our foreheads. We could never work out whether to take the reading at the green bit, or the blue bit, or inbetween both....
 
Maybe the OP has a particularly thick glass or plastic tank so the heat isn't transmitted as well as is needed for the things to work.

We used to have a version of these thermometers to check body temperature when we were ill as children. Put them on our foreheads. We could never work out whether to take the reading at the green bit, or the blue bit, or inbetween both....


Green is actual temp blue is slightly below and brown is slightly above ;)
 
I gave my mother $5 today and told her to go out and get me this cool aquarium thermometer, which was $3.21
I was so excited, put it on my aquarium and it didn't work at all.

IF YOU SEE THIS THERMOMETER, DON'T BUY IT.

<a href="http://www.seapets.co.uk/gallery/661460.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.seapets.co.uk/gallery/661460.jpg</a>

Im not sure naming and shaming is a good idea. Not sure what the forum rules are on this though.

Mike


what are you on about, hes only giving his opinion, and thankfully has saved me some money, as it happens i was going to go down to my lfs this afternoon, i spose i will have to buy an in-tank one
 
I've had these thermometers before...never had a problem. It says roughly the same temperature as my in tank one to be honest.

If you read his other thread he had problems with the in tank one as well...

I don't think either of the thermometers are at fault tbh... :shifty:
 
i use them,as a second therm but never had any problems with them, i paid 50p each for mine from a closing down pet shop
 
Maybe the OP has a particularly thick glass or plastic tank so the heat isn't transmitted as well as is needed for the things to work.

We used to have a version of these thermometers to check body temperature when we were ill as children. Put them on our foreheads. We could never work out whether to take the reading at the green bit, or the blue bit, or inbetween both....

Haha I remember those days, holding it against my head, trying to guage whether it was over 90F by looking in the mirror. I use these stick-on ones with no problems. I used to use internal ones but once my skittish shark smashed one and results and weren't good. Thinking about getting one of those electrical ones, anyone have any experience with them?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top