woodstock
Fishaholic
- Joined
- Feb 21, 2010
- Messages
- 415
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
So I have some betta fish right now. In the future, I'm planning on adding one or more nerite snails (and if not that, mystery snails). However, I've had trouble finding enough info on all of them. My main questions are:
Focusing on water needs, would both the betta and nerite snail's water needs be able to be met together?
How will I know when my nerite is hungry? Especially without waiting too long until starvation?
If I feed it an algae wafer, is it able to over feed itself?
Will it eat vegetables? (I've heard mystery and apple snails can)
Has it caused any issues that should be brought to my attention?
How has your snail helped you, I'd love a Pro / Con list as well.
Also, if possible, I'd like these answered for mystery snails as well. Thank you very much in advance!
Focusing on water needs, would both the betta and nerite snail's water needs be able to be met together?
How will I know when my nerite is hungry? Especially without waiting too long until starvation?
If I feed it an algae wafer, is it able to over feed itself?
Will it eat vegetables? (I've heard mystery and apple snails can)
Has it caused any issues that should be brought to my attention?
How has your snail helped you, I'd love a Pro / Con list as well.
Also, if possible, I'd like these answered for mystery snails as well. Thank you very much in advance!
they are more mobile around the tank and show their tentacles and little eyes more
(though may be prone to picking from a betta) nerites tend to keep themselves to themselves tightly hugging their shell as they go about their business, apples are more likely to eat veg where as a nerite would prefer algae but does eat veg if there is nothing else, nerites won't touch plants if you have any where as apples may, apples also produce more waste than nerites and grow much bigger, that's my experiences on both 
/www.petco.com/Shop/petco_ProductList_PC_productlist_Nav_668_N_10876_CoreCat_Corals+Invertebrates_cp_2_Nao_48.aspx?Ns=P_FamilyName%7c0






