Neon Tetras

joshua

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
often i hear that it's by the size but it's not a very accurate measuer i guess.. so just wondering how to tell male from female in neon tetras

I would agree with rosie, the are no other ways to tell

The only way to tell is if you look at the belly. the belly that appears slightly bigger is that off the female. as she produces eggs the big belly becomes bigger ;)

Very hard if they're still juvies. Adult females are more round than males. When I had neon tetras I found that the coloured line on the females didn't seem straight coz they were rounder than the males and this distorted the line. Hope you understand, but it's difficult to explain. :rolleyes:

oic thanks cuz i was thinking of getting half a dozen and the shop i go to doesnt have female guppies.. thot maybe they'd remove the female neons too.. maybe so that their business won't be affected lol... looks like i wun have to worry now.. now i'm wondering if i shud get black tetra, black neon tetra or normal neon tetras... which are the most lasting of the group?

In my experience, regular neons are not very hardy. Black neons, on the other hand, are super duper hardy.

Most reactions

Back