Neon Tetra Issue

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Anyone have an idea if this is parasites or an egg laden tetra? It is a female. If parasites, how would you treat? She acts fine.
FC1D2F02-929F-4369-A0D6-205C6E0411CF.jpeg
E2011742-29AF-4F96-B387-2CCF763CA6DF.jpeg
I’ve been very lucky not to ever have dealt with them.

I would say its a parasite. Females belly's that are laden with eggs are usually smooth and round.

Maybe you could get some sort of general cure for internal parasites? (I'm pretty sure API makes one)

Sorry to see your Neon in this condition... :(

I have some General Cure but wondered if Prazipro would be better. Anyone else?

Did you just feed them? When I had them, a couple of them would gorge themselves and have strange lumpy bellies like that right after. Went away within a couple hours
Mine usually swim weird after eating, and have "full" stomachs, but never have they had that weird deformity. I don't know, maybe my Neon's are just weird. :dunno:

She’s had it for some time, week? I believe it’s nternal parasites. Just treated the tank with General Cure. My Ptazi was almost empty. She’s one of the newer group so she could have brought some in although I QT’d. That wouldn’t have shown up. Going to treat my last group in QT too to be safe. :)

She’s had it for some time, week? I believe it’s nternal parasites. Just treated the tank with General Cure. My Ptazi was almost empty. She’s one of the newer group so she could have brought some in although I QT’d. That wouldn’t have shown up. Going to treat my last group in QT too to be safe. :)
How many neon do you have altogether?

56 Wow and I thought I had a nice shoal at 27, do you still have glow light tetra with them?
No. My glo lights are in my 29G. I have about 27 cories in with the neons. I may not get the last group of neons. I wanted 50 but 46 is close enough. We’ll see. I do want to add more glo lights in the 29G. I only have 6 now.

No. My glo lights are in my 29G. I have about 27 cories in with the neons. I may not get the last group of neons. I wanted 50 but 46 is close enough. We’ll see. I do want to add more glo lights in the 29G. I only have 6 now.
I still have not lost one glow light (knock on wood) I am still at 14, they play nicely with the neons.

Anyone have an idea if this is parasites or an egg laden tetra? It is a female. If parasites, how would you treat? She acts fine. View attachment 111772View attachment 111773 I’ve been very lucky not to ever have dealt with them.
I had a neon with this, far as i could tell it was neon tetra disease which can be spread to other neons and fish when the neon dies.its a parasite As far as i know there is no cure. I put my neon down before it died as to not spread it to other neons. Havent seen it in any of my other neons since. Id recommend doing the same, sorry:(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back