Need Some Color In My Tank

rachh004

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jan 1, 2008
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
California
I really want some colorful fish in my tank. I have had platy and guppies but they seem to die. I don't want anymore of them. But I have 9 black skirt tetra and its so dull. It doesn't help that my gravel is black. The tank is 55 gallons. The other fish I have are 1 common pleco, 1 zebra loach, 1 guppy, 3 rasboras. Does anyone have any suggestions about colorful fish that are easy to take care of?
 
Blue Rams are fantastic in pairs or in a 4. They are really ammusing and lots of colour.

Regards

Gaz
 
I'm a bit of a shill for these guys, but I like pearl danios. You might not want them since you already have zebras, though, as they behave similarly and will shoal at the same level of the tank, you might prefer filling in at another level. Anyway, in the LFS, they usually look boring pale pink, but settled in they really put on a show. They keep some of that pale pink, but get brighter reds, a bit of bright metallic red, and flash blue under the light.
 
Black or Blue Neons are cheap and look great. Sunset Platys are also really nice and colourful.
 
Blue Rams are fantastic in pairs or in a 4. They are really ammusing and lots of colour.

Regards

Gaz
Are the rams aggressive? i have been trying to stay away from the ciclid family because I know they can be mean
 
Personally, I think that Cardinal tetras display a lot better than neon tetras and to contrast, Glowlights makes a perfect match with the black gravel (is it?)....... about ten of each as they shoal nicely together.
 
Rams are peaceful Cichlids, but can get terrotorial when spawning. I have never heard of them doing any damage. I have an Angel, a Gold Ram, and Diamond Tetras and they all get along happily.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top