Need Some Clear Silicone

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

paulbr1

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all, does anybody know where I can get some "water" clear silicone from - the reason for the Q. is I can easily get the "clear" silicone but this is usually milky in appearance ...........

Any Ideas? :huh:

Paul.

Hi all, does anybody know where I can get some "water" clear silicone from - the reason for the Q. is I can easily get the "clear" silicone but this is usually milky in appearance ...........

Any Ideas? :huh:

Paul.

I used Silirub AQ - it still looks clear now after a month

Hmm. it has arrived but is not clear - it is cloudy

Anybody know of a clear silicone product ie water clear not cloudy/opaque.

Paul.

not for aquatic use i dont.

why does it need to be clear?

not for aquatic use i dont.

why does it need to be clear?

Hi, It isn't for aquatic use - I asked on here because I know some members use the ultra clear glass and I thought they may also know of a clear silicone to go with it.

It wont be used where it would affect any fish or any other animal etc.

soooo if anybody knows of any clear silicone ie. dries completely clear let me know please.. :good:

Paul.

Have you actually tried it yet?

Mine is absolutley clear - I also repaired a toy of my nephews at the same time as it was open and I can see the silicone on that as well and it's also crystal clear - I've never used any silicone which is so clear!

Hi, yeah I received it within a day - very fast.

I have tried it to secure a clear fibre inside a glass sphere - hence the need for clear, and it has the opaque/milkyness although no where near the whiteness of a normal clear silicone, I will try and host a pic!

Paul.

I use arbosil 1081 thats good stuff mate i get that for 4.99 from scotland nursuries at matlock
14082009829.jpg
:good:

try looking up ge I silicone it is clear and is safe for aquariums as well,alot of people use it for there fish tanks,just recently finished re-sealing my 90g with it,looks great.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back