🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hello TFF people!! :)

I was just on Craigslist, and I stumbled on a free tank!!! I’m not sure how many gallons, or what the stocking is, it just says “Free to a good home”. Would this be out of my comfort zone, or would I be able to take care of the fish/tank?

Link: https://lexington.craigslist.org/zip/d/berea-fish-tank/6946186561.html

It looks like one very big Anglefish, and I don’t know if the other “fish” in picture #2 is a actual fish, or a piece of decor. :)

Thank you so much for your time!! :)

Now that I look at it closer (I was so syched about a free tank, I wasn’t really looking! :lol:) I think the “fish” is a real fish. (If so, please ID it. ;))

Last edited:
Its a chinese algae eater, Gyrinocheilus Aymonier, also known as a sucking loach. Not a desirable species especially at that size.

So give it to my LFS? Could I take the tank? (And do you know what the other Anglefish specific kind is?) :)

The Angel appears to have frayed fins or is that how they are suppose to look? It’s worth the tank and give the fish away if not what you want.

well you meet the qualifications...you will give the tank a good home!...it appears to be about 10 gallons. It is a bit short and small for the angel...they like tall tanks. And the chinese algae eater would have to go. But if could find someone to take the two fish, you should go for it. After all, you have MTS...multiple tanks syndrome like many of us have.

Looks like it has a filter and possibly a heater...and a nice hood too.

Last edited:
well you meet the qualifications...you will give the tank a good home!...it appears to be about 10 gallons. It is a bit short and small for the angel...they like tall tanks. And the chinese algae eater would have to go. But if could find someone to take the two fish, you should go for it. After all, you have MTS...multiple tanks syndrome like many of us have.

Looks like it has a filter and possibly a heater...and a nice hood too.
MTS . . . multiple tank syndrome. That cracked me up royal !

Are you sure it’s 10 gallons? It looks much much bigger than 10 gallons. (To me! ;)

I would probably get my LFS to take both of the fish. I have asked for the tank dementions from the lady giving it away, but she has not yet responded. I will keep you guys posted, thanks! :)

You lfs may not want them? Then what will u do with the 2 fish that both require may require larger tanks?

That angel was probably harassed by the cae which is known to go after the slime coat on other fish.

Last edited:
Fair point, before getting the tank, I will ask my LFS owner, to see if he would take them, thank you for bringing that up! ;)

I mean it’s free, so what have I got to loose? :)

The seller still has not responded, so I have no information on the specs. :/

I will! (I don’t want to harass her, lol!) :lol:

Looks like a 20g long to me. I would definitely snag it, it’s free! Ha ha.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back