FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

kikoskie

Reaction score
50gallon tank
overhead filter

1copper oscar 3inch

i need advice i bought a oscar a couple of weeks now

and i found out that my oscar anus is like bloated or swollen but no redness or something
he/she perfectly fine, eating, swim fast, everything looks fine except on its swollen anus

i try to fasting stop the feed for 1 day and the swelling subsied then after i feed him again the swelling occurred again

is it a reject fish? do i have to euthanize the fish? thanks

Could we see photos? We can usually help more when we can see what's happening...

Euthanasia is always a last resort... Don't do it if you don't have to. Only do it if they'll either be compromised completely or die anyway

i try to take a better picture soon cant take a better cause its super fast swimmer and always want to eat
IMG_20220925_123132_484.jpg
IMG_20220925_123137_189.jpg

Ah I see it now... I don't know what it could be.

@Colin_T might know... Give him a bit to reply.
Maybe @Byron can shed some light?

thank you sirx its really my first time to encounter this kind of disease
First time I've seen it to... We get a lot of images on here sometimes where its like: "What the heck is that" lol
But usually someone knows and helps.
I really hope you can get some answers

It looks to me like a hernia allowing the intestine to protrude. A prolapse. There is no treatment, and it usually (not always I have heard, not seen) ends badly.

It looks to me like a hernia allowing the intestine to protrude. A prolapse. There is no treatment, and it usually (not always I have heard, not seen) ends badly.
I guess i had to euthanize the fish thanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back