NEED HELP!!!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I'm stumped. Maybe a hybrid? The body shape is jack Dempsey, but I'd agree after seeing those pictures that the markings don't look right.

One things for sure... Not to get things off topic is that the other cichlid is a geophagus and should not be kept with African cichlids.
Geos are more on the semi aggressive side, are from South America, and require different pH and hardness from Africans.

I'm stumped. Maybe a hybrid? The body shape is jack Dempsey, but I'd agree after seeing those pictures that the markings don't look right.

One things for sure... Not to get things off topic is that the other cichlid is a geophagus and should not be kept with African cichlids.
Geos are more on the semi aggressive side, are from South America, and require different pH and hardness from Africans.
I agree it looks like a hybrid. For some reason I keep looking at that mouth and thinking it’s mouth looks like a smallmouth bass. Weird..... :dunno:

I’ll keep doing more research though.

IMG_1753-8c84a5fdb87deef5b871f2acf3c3ec52_v_1481682623.jpeg

Idk... Check out the body shape, head, and lip. The black notches that run across the body and spots under the dorsal fin are very similar.

That's a Jack Dempsey. From central America. Highly aggressive and grows to 10 inches or so.
I hate to disagree with you, but that’s not a JD. I don’t know what it is yet, but it’s not a JD.

It's not a Jack Dempsey cichlid. It's more likely to be a Tilapia of some sort.

Morw

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 67
Ok, here's what found. My best guess at this point is a Blue Tilapia. If any of you guys still don't believe me, I would say its a hybrid. But I'm 75%

hqdefault.jpg

Those 2 are Blue Tilapia, so, what do you think? :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back