Need Help With My Ph

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

How about Hikari products? Not sure if you get them over there but I was told they have a very good all-around feed for cichlids. I believe it was Hikari Excel. Also, does it matter if it's floating or sinking pellets?

Thanks
Steve

Yeah Hikari is a good all rounder too, especially the vegi based pellets(think there vegi based) Doesn't matter really, they go crazy over anything, they usually soak me when it comes to feeding time lol.

Sounds good. Can't wait to get soaked :hyper:

I have ordered 600g on NLS for now, thanks for the links! I will have a look through that other site, I will stick to these foods and leave out the high protein foods like brine shrimp.

Looking forward to getting soaked too lol

At work till 6:30 today...gutted! Will test it and post the results when I get home. I just ordered 20kg on limestone rock.

Hows the stats today Justin?

Today's results:

PH: 8
Ammonia: 0.25
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5
KH: 130
GH: 160

I hate my test kit for PH the closes colour it matched was 8.0 (high range test) so I did a middle range test and it didn't look like any of the colours to the closest was 8.0 so I guess......it was 8.0, I have got a digital PH tester but I need the buffing solution to set it up so I might buy some and use that because it's way more accurat. The KH is slowly decreasing but it's at a good level so no worries. I was expecting a higher nitrate reading as I have been adding ammonia but im happy it's low :)

So far so good

Hows the stats today Justin?

Today's results:

Ammonia: 0.25
KH: 130

I hate my test kit for PH the closes colour it matched was 8.0 (high range test) so I did a middle range test and it didn't look like any of the colours to the closest was 8.0 so I guess......it was 8.0, I have got a digital PH tester but I need the buffing solution to set it up so I might buy some and use that because it's way more accurat. The KH is slowly decreasing but it's at a good level so no worries. I was expecting a higher nitrate reading as I have been adding ammonia but im happy it's low :)

So far so good
When I test PH with an API kit I get weird off colors sometimes that's part of the reason I switched to Salifert for the tests I need exact numbers from, Api to test those that I need a 0 from.
The digital should be quite good though and a good choice.
Nitrate tests are pretty much ball park in any that I've used I don't really even test for it anymore unless I have a problem. Just keep up maintenance and it wont get out of hand.
That lingering .25 Ammonia catches my attention though.

I top up ammonia every night up to 4ppm, and as you might have noticed with API ammonia test kits, then never read 0 well that's what I have noticed with mine, I have other test kits so tomorrow I will try and see if it shows up as 0.25.

Almost time to put the new fishes in there new home, the guy sent me 2 photos of them, they look healthy but young to not much colour yet.

I top up ammonia every night up to 4ppm, and as you might have noticed with API ammonia test kits, then never read 0 well that's what I have noticed with mine, I have other test kits so tomorrow I will try and see if it shows up as 0.25.

Almost time to put the new fishes in there new home, the guy sent me 2 photos of them, they look healthy but young to not much colour yet.
At 4ppm you are overkill so if you see .25 I expect you will see 0's when you are fish in.
I go against the grain and expect a full clear in 24 not 12. Just me, but has worked great.
The heavy dosing during fishless verses real world biological waste are worlds apart.
You Have the colony and should expect great results. :good:

So excited for you. your going to love these fish :hyper: .

You will set your regime and find what works for you, step lightly outside the norm when you feel its right for you and your fish. You obviously have done your homework and are well on your way.

Great job so far cant wait for pictures.

At 4ppm you are overkill so if you see .25 I expect you will see 0's when you are fish in.
I go against the grain and expect a full clear in 24 not 12. Just me, but has worked great.
The heavy dosing during fishless verses real world biological waste are worlds apart.
You Have the colony and should expect great results. :good:

So excited for you. your going to love these fish :hyper: .

You will set your regime and find what works for you, step lightly outside the norm when you feel its right for you and your fish. You obviously have done your homework and are well on your way.

Great job so far cant wait for pictures.

I can't wait now! Everything is looking stable and where it needs to be hopefully no shock changes I have ordered some limestone rocks because I wasn't sure I have enough hiding places for the fish and I know they are rock dwellers

Today's results:

Ammonia: 0
KH: 120

I tested the ammonia with a different test kit to make sure it drops out to 0.

Does any one know why my KH is slowly dropping each day ? Is it something to be worried about ?

Good to see the stats looking good still, the KH will be fine once you get the Limestone in there, its fine as it is though.

Good to see the stats looking good still, the KH will be fine once you get the Limestone in there, its fine as it is though.

Yip im happy, Here's some pictures of the saulosi and the tank they will be going in.

saulosi1.jpg

saulosi2.jpg

tank2.jpg

Fantastic tank mate, They will love all the little crevasses. When you get the limestone, pleaseeee dont fill it lol :hyper: Just keep it minimalistic with a couple of tall pieces with smaller pieces at the base. Have the fish travelled far? Be good to watch them colour up, hopefully within a week or so. How big are they? they look a good size? Is there not a male amongst them? :good:

that 3d backgound is amazing can you remember the company who made it, what have you behind it heater/filter etc.

eggo I do apologise mate, I was ment to tell you before when you asked on the other post, the company is called magic aquarium.
magic-aquarium

I have got a inline heater plus a back up internal heater incase, filter each side and all the pipe work is hiden just the wave maker is visible.

Fantastic tank mate, They will love all the little crevasses. When you get the limestone, pleaseeee dont fill it lol :hyper: Just keep it minimalistic with a couple of tall pieces with smaller pieces at the base. Have the fish travelled far? Be good to watch them colour up, hopefully within a week or so. How big are they? they look a good size? Is there not a male amongst them? :good:

Thanks mate, I will probably only use a few rocks I want to keep tidy. The fish come from Czech Rep and got delivered last Tuesday to the supplier here in the UK. Not sure on the size I forgot to ask lol The guy doesn't know the sexes he said you cant tell untill later when they colour up abit ?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back