Need Help Making Decision On Led Lighting...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NuclearApe

Reaction score
Hi everyone, 

So I've just got a brand new tropical tank from ND Aquatics - 6ft x 2ft x 2ft and I'm currently getting all the gear together. 

I've got everything sorted except for the lighting, I've spent night after night researching and have come to the conclusion that I need some help here
smile.png

I plan to heavily carpet most of the substrate with a couple of species of low growing grasses, that's pretty much the only planting going on. It will also be fully stocked with fish. I do want the carpet to grow well so I've been looking at LED lights aimed at growing plants.

I plan on buying 2 36" units. I live in the UK. I don't plan on using any co2 and I haven't got all the money in the world and plan to spend around £300 (there is room to play here if I need to).

So far I'm looking at the following 2 units:

Finnex Planted+ 24/7 36"
www.finnex.net/index.php/products/lighting/ultra-slim-led-fixture/planted-24-7-automated-led/planted247-36.html

AquaOne PlantGlo Plus 80cm
www.arkpetsonline.co.uk/aquaone-plantglo-plus-80-65w-led-unit-p-9732.html?cPath=2_54_1320_1544

The Finnex looks good but is only available in the US. I can get two shipped over here for around £300 but would have trouble should I ever need to return the item. The AquaOne seems new and I can't find any reviews... but I can get 2 here in the UK for £280.

What would you recommend? Are there other options I should be looking at? I've even heard that I could just buy all white LED lights and the plants will grow fine (but that sounds dubious to me).

As I say, I've spent night after night researching and am at my wits end now. I really look forward to hearing from you lot and coming to the right decision - thanks in advance
smile.png

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back