Need help knowing what these sponge filter parts are...

BlazerBuddy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just bought a sponge filter except it didn't come with any instructions. These 3 parts pictured down below are parts that came in the box. What are each of them used for?

Attachments

• IMG_0636.jpg
    IMG_0636.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0638.jpg
    IMG_0638.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 33
I asume you got some plastic tubing with the filter?
Left to Right, the parts look like;
A control valve...turning that knurled head will open or close the valve and control the flow through the pipe.
(Looks like) A 'T' Junction...allowing you to add two length of pipe to the one.
Purely guessing here, based on what you've shown us so far, but I suspect that that may be a one-way valve. This would allow water or air to flow one way, but not the other. These are usually used to prevevent water from the tank siphoning back out of the tank.

It would help if you let us know the make and model of the filter.

I asume you got some plastic tubing with the filter?
Left to Right, the parts look like;
A control valve...turning that knurled head will open or close the valve and control the flow through the pipe.
(Looks like) A 'T' Junction...allowing you to add two length of pipe to the one.
Purely guessing here, based on what you've shown us so far, but I suspect that that may be a one-way valve. This would allow water or air to flow one way, but not the other. These are usually used to prevevent water from the tank siphoning back out of the tank.

It would help if you let us know the make and model of the filter.
I bought it off Amazon, here is the link-
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L565N7H/?tag=ff0d01-20

Edit- Yes I got plastic tubing with the filter.
Edit- Does a check valve do the same thing as a one-way valve?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
left picture is a plastic airline tap that lets you restrict the flow of air

middle picture is a plastic airline T-piece used to divide the airline so you can run 2 items off 1 pump.

right picture is a one way check valve to stop water flowing back into the air pump.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
left picture is a plastic airline tap that lets you restrict the flow of air

middle picture is a plastic airline T-piece used to divide the airline so you can run 2 items off 1 pump.

right picture is a one way check valve to stop water flowing back into the air pump.
My air pump comes with a check valve so I don't need that. Do I need a control valve? It says 10-30 gallons for the air pump.

The plastic tap is used if you have 2 items bubbling in the tank. Then you put the tap in the airline and use it to get the right amount of air coming out of each item in the tank. If you only have 1 item running in the tank, then you do not need the tap.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back