Need Help Identifying A Disease..

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Arowanalover

Reaction score
OK, so i have piranha, in a regrettably small set (15 gal) at the moment and I'm well aware thats a big issue, which is gonna be attended to soon. My 3 little guys are maybe 2.5 inches, I named them after Jeffery Dalhmer, John Wayne-Gacy, and Ted Bundy, the one named Jeffery had to be removed from my tank a short while ago because of aggression and he went to live with some convicts. I rearranged the tank and put him back with the other 2 piranha a short while later to realize the poor lil #29### had body fungus. I treated it. he seemed fine for a good 2-3 weeks but now his fins are becoming pinned, which is usually a sign of ick, but there are no white spots visible yet and his body is kinda 2-toned.. this may be hard to get the proper description across.. his head, and most his body (on the lower part) have a tint of red, and im not talking where hes supposed to be red - infact hes lost his red belly and is mostly a "blood-stained" silver. there is an area which start just before his first dorsal fin and proceeds narrowly down his back to the caudal which is still normally coloured. Dividing these 2 areas of scales... well it looks like he got sunburnt and is peeling. probably the most simple way of saying it, it looks like he got sunburnt and his back has peeled back to a normal colour.
Ive got 2, 15 gal. aquatech filters, 2 decent sized golden apple snails, soon to be swarm of dwarf red snails in a slight compensation for a lack of a pleco, perform regular water changes, usually bout once a week, add bio-support, water conditioner and occasionally a tiny bit of aquarium salt for a bit of a colour boost - but thats not often. I'm yet to get my water tested as i just recognized the fins getting pinned a couple days ago and tried a water change and bit of medication - in hopes of squashing the issue before this - the odd colouring has just shown up today, and thats why Im here and getting my water tested.
I really need someone to gimme a name for this disease so i can help my piranha..

Most reactions

Back