Need An Idea

I tried it once, and it didn't work . I sold the R/O Unit to Tolak afterwards. I cant afford one right now anyways.
 
Why no mouthbrooders? It's easier to breed them because the parent fish does all the work and you don't have to do anything except collect the fry when she releases them.

The problem is that it's only a 30 gallon tank. That's the minimum size for rift lake african cichlids. I was going to suggest a pair of jewel cichlids but they can get pretty large themselves, really deserving a larger tank.

I don't know much about shell dwellers, bit I bet you could keep a good many of those. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_dweller
 
Actually, I had jewel's before. They are NOT mouthbrooders. Case in point:
003.jpg




They were pretty fish. But they bred EVERY week. They wouldnt stop, so I had to get rid of them. I've thought about shell dweller's, but that would involve me having to completly re-scape my tank. It's basically Rockville at the moment. I don't mind taking out the rock's, but the gravel would need to be replaces with shell's, correct?

what about Pseudocrenilabrus multicolour<Egyptian Mouthbrooders .....great little fish and they breed in 8.5 as my ph is around there aswell

I really am trying to avoid mouthbrooder's . Cool fish and all, just as I said in my first post, they take up to much room for fry and recovering after spitting ect.
 
^ All those are basically Kribensis though, just in a different form. I know I'm a really picky person, but I rarely ever buy fish( like once every 4 months, even though I live right by persmart* YUCK!* ). So, I am very strict about what I might keep.
 
yes true but there much much harder to come back, netting you a profit if you breed them, i saw some at a fish auction, there much more beautiful than the standard krib,

prob you have also is the tank size

also have you thought about things like keyhole cichlids/sarja/firemouth/elloti but would have to check on tank size for them guys,,cant rem of top of my head//
 
Yes, indeed they are. But fish such as Pelvicachromis Taeniatus require a lower ph to breed. The regular Kribensis is the only one I can think of that will breed in my water.
 
another very good way to lower ph is with dried oak leaves...i know of alot of channa breeders using these in there tanks to lower ph for breeding, just collect them in the fall from the ground not the tree,then wash them out before adding to tank..works very well apparently
 
I have used some leaves such as that. I bought them from an auction. They were almond leaves I believe. Apparently they work well, but didn't do anything for my tank. My kH and gH are to high to allow me to change the pH.
 
Im particular, and Im difficult. I just don't have money to waste on fish that it turns out don't do what I had intended( Im only 15, cant get a job till ATLEAST Aug. 14, because my birthday is the 6th, and were going to FL. the 8th).
 
If you are breeding bristlenose in your water you may be able to pull off Apistogramma cacatuoides.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top