Need Advice

They would probably stress them to death no doubt unfortunately, its a pretty feisty tank! The Barbs are pretty hardcore in their fun and games at the top of the tank, I'm going to add 6 more to try and even it out a little!

Ha, when all else fails.... add more tigers. Never kept tigers before but they sound challenging. What about some silver dollers? Iv got some in with my odessa's and they all play nice. I know odessa's are the calmer of the barbs right enough.

Thats pretty much it! Ill add 6 more golds and leave it that i think. Dont want to waste stocking space with sorting aggression, but dont want to stress out othereither!

Your sig says it all..

Hey dude, was just having a look at all the other tanks and I have to say your tank is looking really sweet. :D Thumbs up!

However, have you ever given any thought to higher planes or uneven surfaces? Higher substrates on one side that tapers to the other? I find that it adds dimension to the tank as well as let the eyes rove around the tank for a more (for lack of a better word) artsy feel. My tank is pretty big as well and when I tentatively finished it I found it was very flat-ish. So I went with taller drifts and a root system to make use of the height.I assume you meant the empty space adds to the blandness?

Meanwhile, I found this interesting video on Youtube by Dustinsfishtanks that gives some smashing ideas on how to properly aquascape. Why not have a look at the video? Sorry I'm at work now and can't really link you there. Holler if you need help finding it. Keep up the good work!

Cheers dude! I like it, but i want more GREEN. Need more plants and will probably eventually need Co2.

Will check Dustin out at lunch!

Cheers dude! I like it, but i want more GREEN. Need more plants and will probably eventually need Co2.

Will check Dustin out at lunch!

Greens huh? Well, he also has some amazing techniques on how to tie your plants ONTO the drifts to make it look more natural. In his words (not mine) not all plants grow on the substrate. It would look fantastic to have some ferns on large drifts and moss on hollow barks. Those look amazing and really makes the tank shine! :D

I really liked the way you had the tank before you moved the plants around. I was thinking maybe some vallis at the back right hand corner. Near your slate (looking) cave. and maybe some hair grass (I think that's what it's called) in the gap of sand in front of that same slate cave.

Hope that makes sense. But yeah, was just an idea. Other then that, tank is looking fab! :good:

Oh, and yes, your male Krib is a little grumpy looking :p

Most reactions

Back