Need Advice On My Selection Of Fish Please.

FishBeast

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 3, 2009
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Australia
Hi, I have been keeping fish for 3 years now and am ready to start my first serious tropical tank.

I have a 134 g tank and my current selection (after doing much research) is:

15 or so neon/cardinal tetras

? paradise gourami

? apistogramma agassizii dwarf cichlid

6 glass catfish

5 cobolt gourami (1 male, 4 female)

I am not sure what numbers of dwarf cichlid and paradise gourami's are good and if anyone has experience with these breeds and how they may interact together I would greatly appretiate the advice.
 
The dwarfs you could keep as a pair or if you have enough caves and hiding holes you could have a few females to one male. A group of buenos ares tetra would look good in a 134g as well.
 
The dwarfs you could keep as a pair or if you have enough caves and hiding holes you could have a few females to one male. A group of buenos ares tetra would look good in a 134g as well.

That is a beautiful fish. Thanks for the advice. The colors will compliment the other bright colors in the tank by toning them down a little but whilst still catching the light and drawing attention to themselves.

Cheers!
 
I have a group of about 12 buenoes, they are awesome to watch at feeding time, I drop a couple of squares of tubiflex in, one will grab the block and swim off, then the others will try and tabke it out of its mouth, they look like a pack of pirana feeding.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top